Pain after sorrow

Vincent's POV:

After my shower, I put on my suit and went to go get Landon. On my way down, I caught a glimpse of Delilah sleeping peacefully with the blanket wrapped around her. The breathtaking view was soon taken away from my by Landon storming in with a serious expression.

"I've got footage of Joseph leaving town" my eyes went straight to the phone with the footage as I watched the fucker leave. "He was last seen in Venice but that was the last time anyone saw him"

I clenched my jaw as I stared at the phone. "Let's hope this guy has information for us then" I mumbled.

We caught a mole in our mafia and figured out that he was one of Joseph's men. I brought him to the warehouse and today we were going to ask the guy some questions.

It was clear that he was in his early 30's  with blonde hair, covering his green eyes. When we arrived at the warehouse I put in the code and opened the cell to see the man.

He looked exhausted as water drenched him from head to toe and his hair was slightly darker blonde. He looked up at me with all of the strength he had left in him and I could tell he would be hard to get information from.

"Who do you work for" I already knew the answer but I wanted to see how honest the fucker was. "No one" he lied.

"Bullshit" I yelled, slapping hard across the face. His jaw clenched from the impact as his head jerked to the side. "The rules are simple" I started, " if you answer my question wrong or lie," I pulled out a pocket knife, "I make small slit's your throat until you bleed out"

The man laughed in his chair and looked up at me. "You're not getting shit from me" he spat. I chuckled, debating if I should call Delilah or not.

Why am I thinking about her?

She works for you not with you.

I pushed away my thoughts and turned my attention back to the tired man. He smirked victoriously as if he just won the biggest fight of his life.

I walked up to him with a cold expression and held the knife to his throat. "I'll ask again" I pushed the knife slowly into his throat. "Who. the. hell. do. you.work. for."

The man swallowed and looked into my eyes. "Joseph Ross" he stated as confidently as he could come off. I smirked at his honesty but still made a cut in his throat. "See how easy that was?" I questioned, flipping the knife in my hand.

"Now that you know how it works, will you answer my questions truthfully?" I bent down to his height and looked him in the eye.

"That depends" he struggled to say, "what if I want to die?" He asked. "Then you won't have to wait for hell to burn you" I pulled out the blowtorch. "I will"

I teased him, bringing it close to his leg first and burning it ever so slightly. "Now," I bent down to untie on of his ankles from the chains.

"Will you answer my questions honestly?" The man screamed in pain as I pushed my finger onto the wound on his ankle. "Y- yes" he yelled at the top of his lunges.

"Good" I got up and placed the blowtorch to his side. "Where is Joseph and what is he planning?" I asked, circling him. The man's cries were the only sound in the cell. He went silent to the question so I did what had to be done.

I roughly grabbed his jaw and brought his eyes to mine. "Tell me" I demanded. His lip quivered as he struggled to get the words out.

"In France" he started, "and he wants his daughter back"