Past demons

"No one ever cared Delilah, and no one ever will"

My father's words linger my mind as cold sweat drips down my face.  My heart races much like it did in my horrific nightmare that leaves marks of unwanted memories that will haunt me forever.

My air feels limited as if my fathers hand was still tight around my throat with dreams of death surrounding him. A scream leaves my lips as soon as I close my eyes again, only fading into the darkness of my past. "it's not real" I repeat to myself, "it's over"

My door bursts open as a tall figure runs in, instantly wrapping their arms around me as I cried into their shoulder. "is it over?" I sobbed, "please tell me it's over" their arms tightened around me as the sound of my heart pounded through my ears. "it's over Lilah"

The sound of his voice instantly gave away who it was.

Vincent.

He lowers me down onto the bed with his arm supporting my back. My sniffles and hiccups cover the silence that once loomed the room before the chaos. Vince laid me on his chest as I listened to his steady heartbeat that soothed my ears. His hand found my hair, combing through it with his fingers that intertwined with my brown locks.

Soon enough, my breathing found its steady pace again and Vince held me through the night. I lifted my head and saw him furrow his eyebrows in confusion while looking at the blank wall in front of us.

"What's on your mind?" I whisper while soaking in his god like features. He sighed deeply and brought his gaze to mine. "Things" I looked into his eyes and tried to read his feelings through them but he makes things so difficult.

He looked away from me making it hard to read him. I brought my hand to his chin and his eyes met mine as he shifted slightly. "Tell me" I demanded. He rolled his eyes and chuckled lightly. "You aren't going to let this go until I tell you, right?"

"Right" I smirked and picked myself up from his chest, straddling him. He raised an eyebrow and smiled with obvious thoughts of something else in mind. His head fell back with a groan leading soon after. "C'mon just tell me i promise I'll keep it our secret"

Vincent Ramirez is one stubborn man. You could beg, plead even kneel to him and he wouldn't tell you a single thing about anything he's ever known. But I was willing to do anything to hear what was on his mind.

He huffed and placed his hands on my waist. I laid back on his chest and traced his tattoos that coated his soft skin.

"When I was 5 my father thought I was weak" he started, "he trained me so hard that sometimes I woke up in the hospital from passing out and hitting my head on the concrete floor" I looked up at his blue eyes that held a sort of fear hidden from his past.

"He would always tell me that I was useless and that I had no purpose in this world" he closed his eyes as if he was trying to recall the memories. "One day I chose not to come home from school and tried to run away"

"I didn't get far, in fact I'm pretty sure my father had men spying on me but the farthest I got was to my neighbors house until I heard a gunshot" my eyes connected with his as he explained further. "I ran back to my house after hearing the shot and opened the door to see my mother laying on the floor with blood spilling from her head"

"He told me that it was my punishment for trying to escape him"

I grabbed his face with my hand and rubbed his cheek with my thumb. "I'm so sorry" I whispered running my other hand through his messy hair. He nodded in agreement and wiped the stray tear off of my cheek.

"Don't be" he said, "you weren't the fault of my trauma"

Soooo..

Opinions on Vince's life story? It's only gets worse from here so brace yourselves for a few hard chapters..

Love, E