Part 47

Abhayankara...

A month has passed since i made my priye as the maharani of my desam and now the marriage preparation is now in full swing. I couldn't explain how i am feeling right now. We have no elders in our family let that be for me or for her. My only elder is my mama and for her is her chithappa. Our parents are not here to give their ashirvad (blessing) and also i now miss my little sister who was been brutally taken away from me. Looking at the painting i saw my family smiling. I never knew that time that this was the last time we all are going to be this happy. The only elder for me is my Dhusyanth and my mama. I have made an invitation to my mama to come and give his ashirvadh(blessing) to us. 

A giggle made me stop from what ever i was thinking and to make me smile without even turning around. She does that always. Whenever i feel low or upset her little face will make me forget every sadness that clouds my heart. Little lotus petals like hands wrapped my eyes making me chuckle as she was little too small for her to close my eyes.

"Oohh who is this ??" i asked with a surprise tone yet i knew my rani wanted to play with me. Her giggles were so audible it makes me hard not to laugh at her little antics. Wish how our prince and princess will be ? Shy like her or handsome like me. Placing my hand on her outer palm i pulled them to my lips only to kiss them making her stumble and pull her hand from me. She has been with me for such a long time still she is shy whenever i try to do something like this. Her face was painted with rose buds colour. She was beautifully shy making me smile even more until i know that i can smile for this long and this big. 

"Priye..." i called her making her nod her head still her eyes looking at the bhoomi (ground). She just hummed in response. Placing a finger on her chin i pulled her up to look at me. Her eyes were piercing my soul. "Your still shy ??" i asked her making her to turn blood red in her cheeks. "I cannot help it. You make me feel like a shy girl which i am not..." she argued with me by folding her arms but not before rubbing her cheeks making me throw my head back to laugh out big. 

"Haa there are the van(groom) and vadhu(bride) i was looking for." he said holding his heavy breathe. I asked him what has happened all he gave me was one look and said "the rituals are getting started and here i am searching for the most important people of the event." 

Before i can even start to ask for what he gave me that look which means dont mess with me or the sword would slice my butt look. Giving a silly grin i started to walk out not before pulling my priye into a bone crushing hug as we have to perform this rituals seperately. "Hey mahadev, tomorrow by now she will be your pathni now stop being like this and come the pandit is calling you for ten minutes. 

Her skin were now covered with goosebumps and her cheeks were now painted with the same bud rose which i would always adore to make her give them always. Sighing i walked out but i saw Mitra entering into Vaidharibhi's chamber but when she saw me she pushed me a bit. Her pregnancy is now known by her now showing belly. Chuckling i walked out with my brother holding my hand tightly who knew that i will walk back to Vaidharbhi's chamber if i am given a chance. Entering into my chamber i saw Vamsi sleeping on the silk bed which i use. He was fast asleep even when we are surrounded by the mangala vadhiyam (the instruments which are played in the wedding aloud). Dhushyanth pushed me inside to make me take bath but dont think wrong about me i had my bath already but for the rituals i have to take bath again and i should not touch on anything used materials until i complete my rituals. With empty stomach i tied by dhothi but still in a way which is tied by the unmarried person. It is only tomorrow i can tie them as panjakacham (a style of wearing dhothi which is done only you are marrying and after that). My stomach was totally empty but this is something which has to be done with the empty stomach. 

I made sure Vaidharbhi is given some fruit extracts as she can't stay that long in empty stomach. Walking out i sat on the manai(a place where the person sits) which is given to me. This is something the start of the marriage rituals. Morning will be the viradham where the van and the vadhu will have to sit near their parents and the parents will chant the mantras and the van and vadhu will be given the name again as namakaranam (naming ceremony) and once that is done they will have a kankana dharanam where the van and vadhu will be tied on their respectives wrists a small thread which means from now on you cannot leave the said place where the wedding is going to take place until you are marrying each other. 

This would take half a day of your time. Once that is done we will be given time then in the evening comes the nichiyadhartham (engagement) where the van and vadhu will be asked to sit and the pandit will read the lagna pathirikai (The paper on which is noted down the muhurtta or auspicious moment for the celebration of a marriage. It is worshiped before the celebration of the marriage commences.) where they would read out loud infront of the people present to make sure there is no one against this wedding and to make sure that the groom has not abandoned anyone to marry to the other one. This completes the first day of the wedding. 

After this comes the next day the main part. The day where the van goes for the kashi yatra which means the guy will walk away from the worldly life to and becomes thapasvi (saint) but he would be stopped by the vadhu's father saying he has his daughter's hand for a perfect person and please dont go to kashi but marry my daughter and become a grushthan (family guy) and after that is done vadhu's hand will be given to van and from that moment come what may they would lever let go of their hands. 

Once this is done the van will make promises to his vadhu that they will become the friends and they will be there foreach other and will look after for each other and come what may they wont let go of each other. This is the promise which he does to his woman and she accepts the promise. It is only after then the wedding completes not the time when i tie the mangala suthram (wedding chain) around her neck. It is the main ritual when the vadhu's father in our case it is her chithappa does the rituals in the place of her father to give her hand to me in kannikadhanam. That is the time where the father will loose his rights on his daughter and he will give her to his son in law by this making her the pathni of the van. 

Sitting in the yagyam (sacred fire) i was thinking of everything which is going to happen to for next two days. When i heard a small noise of the anklet i turned to see from where it is coming just to make sure my breath is been taken away from me when i saw my devi walking with her neck surrounded with a small jasmine garland and with her wrapped around silk saree she walked to the mandapam. Her manai was away from mine. Her face was covered with her little silk veil but that doesn't stop me from looking at her face at her eyes. Devendra's wife was the one who brought her to the mandapam as Sangamitra was sitting with dhushyanth to do the rituals for me in the place of my parents . They practically became my parents by sitting with me in the manai. 

Every slogam i was saying i uttered them with utmost truthfulness. It means a lot to me to her and to us. She was sitting near her chithappa and her hand was on his hand while he was saying those slogas. I was looking at her praying mahadev to grace her small glance to me. 

"Don't be so desperate, it is the order from her brother not to look at you." came a whisper from Dhushyanth. "You did what ??" i spoke in between my teeth but still continued the rituals. "Why you did the same thing when i got married. You reap what you so brother oh sorry son..." he said making me fume in anger but a giggle made me stop what i was doing just to see my priye. She was hearing everything but she acted as if she didn't hear. Just wait till tomorrow my priye the real raja will rule you but will always be ruled by his sweet little rani...

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hellalloo to all... finally made it... It is wedding for Abhyankara and Vaidharnhii.... yaaahooo finally they are here together where they have meant to be. 

SO sorry for very very late update. Finally got my flow to write and a biggest plot for the next book is also in my head as i promised i am going to write that once i complete this. 

So here is the next update hope you all enjoyed that. 

Until next update which i will write soon...

Your love...

Shri...