Part 23

Vaidharbhi...

I was still running my hand on his hair. He was shaking for some time and i could feel the wetness which was nothing but his tears. "You know i loved her very much. She was just like this so kind hearted." He hiccuped and i couldn't say anything but just to comb the hair insisting him to continue. "She had ... she had this love for me that even when i am grown she would love to feed me the food..." he said and chuckled making me smile a bit but then he took deep breathes. I didn't know that i should ask him to continue or just let him leave but i know he would be speaking today and i would be listening to him. 

"But my life was short lived...." he said. I can sense that from now on whatever he is going to say is not going to be happy. "But then.. she was killed in front of my eyes. She was been burnt alive infront on my eyes." He said and cried hard. I was not able speak anything. She was been burned infront of his eyes. He was a strong person really a strong person. But still inside a person who was broken. A person who is yearning for love , for affection. I sniffed while he saw me and sat up. I didn't know why was i feeling for him. It that because he lost his mother ?? Is it because he is just like me a motherless. Or is it because he is in pain ??

He slowly wiped the tears from my cheeks and placed them on my face. The warmth in his hand was spreading in my heart. "Will you will you please be the mother i lost that day ??" he asked me. His eyes were begging. I couldn't say anything. I rushed to him and placed my face in his shoulder and placed my palm on his heart while the other palm was placed on his hand which was on the floor. I was crying. I didn't know why for or what for ?

He slowly placed his hand on my back and pulled me to him. I cried and cried while deeply burying my head on his heart. "Hey mahadev i am always at your feet for your blessing." He said and held me close to me. I just closed my eyes and i could smell the smell of vibudhi which was always in his body. I felt a safe which i would always find with appa and Rama anna. 

"Now priye..." he said and pulled me away from him but i never want to leave that place which is his heart. I bend down and sniffed while he placed his finger under my chin and pulled me to see his mesmerising blue eyes. "I will never let you cry again. I promise i would never let you cry until i have my life in this world." He said making me smile.

"Now let's go the festival is just started." He said making me smile. Nodding i stood up and he held my hand and he smiled at me like he won a big war. Giggling i walked out but before i could go out he held my hand and i turned to see him.

"You will be my queen always." He saud making me giggle again. Nodding my head i walked out. But he was not letting me go.

"Let's start..." i whined finally letting him go of me. I walked to my house but suddenly i felt my cheeks to get warm. I was rubbing but nothing could stop myself from getting that warm feeling. Shaking my head i giggled.

The village festival was something i would wait for every year. This time i have Mukundh with me to play with. A faint knock was heard. I know who it is. My Mukundh.

Rushing to the door i turned to see the mirror was i looking neat . Taking a deep breath i opened the door and there stood a man with his utmost handsomeness. An angavastram covering his upper body and a neat yellow silk dothi. I was also wearing yellow half saree. He saw me and i blinked. He gave me a small flower which i happily accepted. Smiling at me he let his hand to hold it.

Let's go ?? He asked me 

Nodding my head i said "Let's go"

We walked in the streets hand in hand. I would at times jump in happiness and he would just hold my hand and smile at me. This felt new. I feel butterflies in my stomach. We would just walk towards every corner of the festival and when i turned i saw Rama and Sangamitra are talking and enjoying like he was whispering something in her ears and she would blush and push his shoulder. I blinked at the scene in front of me.