Part 31

Abhayankara...

Looking back i could find my priye still crying and calling my name in whispers. Her pleadings were still fresh. A hand was placed on my shoulder. I nodded my head and walked towards the rath which is ready for us. It is from there we have to go through a river to reach the other side of the kingdom. The journey is lengthy but i am sure praying let this journey be worthy. 

Walking few feets away from my now home i was invited by my priye's father. 

Megnath.

Touching his feet to get his ashirvadham (blessings) i stood up and saw him. He smiled and pulled me into a hug. That was something i never expected. Closing my eyes i placed my hand around his shoulder and pressed myself tight. He ran his hand around my head and tapped my shoulder before removing himself from me. Smiling i nodded my head. He placed a small cloth bag. 

Opening i found small shiva lingam with vibhothi in it,

I saw him with a confused eyes. As if understanding me he smiled and placed a hand on my shoulder and said "it is a custom in our kingdom whenever the king goes for war he used to carry a shiva lingam with him who is truly for protection for us. So I don't want you to break the custom. Go win the war and win my daughter. Until that time i would be there to protect her." I smiled and nodded with tears. After all he is here as a rock for me. Yet again touching his feet to get his ashirvadham i stood up. It was that time Dhushyanth took his ashirvadham. Smiling i walked to the rath. Turning i found him looking at me with calm and composed. 

But i never knew this is the last time i am going to see him as a person. I never knew this is going to be final time i am going to have someone elders as i consider as my family other than my elder brother Dhushyanth. 

Life is like a sea journey. We don't know when the storm is going to hit us, neither we know when the land in the name of peace is going to embrace us. In the world of uncertainty we are always wrapped with ego , hatred , revenge and what not. We don't know what the next minute has but we behave as if we own them but true to the facts we are puppets in the hands of time. 

In the dark we were going, none spoke. Neither the sarathy (charioteer) nor us. In the mid of the dark sheets with the twinkling stars of hope all i was thinking was my priye. Will i be able to see her again ? Who knows what has eashwar (god)has decided for us. But i know this war should be won else i can never get the justice i wanted for my family and the lives which were taken for protecting us. 

"We will win. If not for us atleast for our love and the small family we have Abhayankara. We have to win so never think as if this is the last journey." He said. Dhushyanth. He knows me as a open book. Smiling at him i nodded my head and he held my hand giving me an assurance squeeze. 

Closing my eyes and embracing the wind i slept with a promise i will win the war if not for me atleast for my priye as i can never let her go into any other person's hand other than me. She is destined for me and there is no one in the world who would claim her other than me. 

She is mine. 

Only mine. 

*************************

Two days after the boat ride we were looking for the other side of the shore. It is said to cross a river. If only we knew it was not a river but an ocean in between the shores. The level of the water was full. I was looking at any shade of land. But every side we were surrounded by water. 

"How many days still ??" came an irritating voice of my brother. Smiling at him i turned to look at him. He had a hard time to sleep. He hates travel when it is through waters. 

"In sandhya(evening) time we will be reaching the shore." I said making him nod his head. 

After honestly looking our patience we reached the shore in the sandhya kaalam (same word used for both morning and evening. Here it is referred the morning.) I spotted mama in the early morning light. He rushed to me and engulfed me in his embrace. I smiled and when i could smell his fragrance it was mixure of sandalwood and rose essence. I smiled. How much the smell differs with the status of life.

Smiling at him i nodded my head. "Come on". He said pulling me within his embrace.

We were now in his chariot and sarathy started

"Why here mama ??" I asked. Yes we are not in his kingdom. His kingdom is named as Ansapuri. The place of sun. It is believed the sun god has been desended from the deva logam (the world of devas) and from him the kingdom started.

He did not speak anything but i knew something was bothering.

"Dharmadesham" (place of justice). He said making me suck a harsh breath. That is the kingdom of mine and my ancestors earned the name of the kingdom due to their righteousness. It is said the king Harichandra (a king who faced many problems which made him to loose his own kingdom just because he has vowed not to speak anything other than truth.)is the founder of the kingdom. It has been many hundred years but the name stayed there just for any king to maintain the same dharma(justice) which is been strictly followed by my ancestors. But now the kingdom and the throne is been beautified by injustice. How ironic. How much my ancestors would havr mocked my father in the pitrulogam.

"It's time for us to bring back the dharma in dharmadesham Abhayankara. We have make the ancestor proud and say we are the decendents of great kings. 

I nodded my head. Yes i am going to make things right. Eashwar has given me the opprotunity to make things right and with his krupa (blessings) no one can win me. No one can.

-

-

-

-

-

-

More than a week has passed. We got the information from our spy that the so called king is planning to capture a beautiful small kingdom which was always friendly with the allied kingdom. They can never stand a chance.

Mama came and ordered us to start for the war. This is going to be tough. But i was thinking why should we need to help them when certainly we have our own problems. But helping them is also our priority. Mama said " the king is such a kind hearted person. Wish i was there to help your father but now it is atleast i can do to calm my own soul which  burning in guilty." I nodded my head.

With determination i pulled my sword and looked at the surya narayanar (sun god). Closing my eyes i prayed. " hey suriya narayana guide us during the dark times. Hey mahadev protect us from evil. Hey mahadevi give us the shakthi(power) for us to win this yudh (war). Last but not the least. Hey narayana please save my priye and help her in tough times.

Soon i will come back to you my devi.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Made it finally. Sorry if it is not up to the level you all have thought.

This is something before the war starting. Will soon update the next part. Sorry again for late update.

Until next update...

Your love...

Shri...