Part 30

Abhayankara...

"Could i have a word with you ??" came a voice from my behind. It was Megnath. Him ?? Why ??

I was confused. What is there for him to talk with me ? Is this regarding my priye ?? Is he going to threaten me with his words ? If that's what he is going to do then he is so wrong for him to think i would leave her for his words which were so petty to threaten. 

"I know you were the one who changed the mind of Devendra, i am quite aware of the fact why suddenly he changed his decision when i could say he was so much in love with my daughter." I was about to speak but he stopped me again. 

"If you think you are really the one who would get married to my daughter then win this war. Come back safe and take my daughter there is no stopping. But..." 

He stopped and took a deep breath. His eyes were clouded with concern. 

"She is too fragile and innocent and your world of the kingdom would destroy that in her. I want her to be the same daughter as she was here with me. But with the kingdom comes great responsibilities but more than that comes great difficulty. She doesn't know any manipulation. She is pure but the place you would take her is full of fake people and ruthlessness. That was one more reason for me to step down as the court doctor. Could you make sure she is being protected from your own people ?? Will you guarantee me that she would not face any of these manipulations ?" he asked me, making my tongue tie down. True kingdom is full of manipulations and game plays. How would my Vaidharbhi face that ? But is this going to make me leave her with any other person ? Will my heart accept the fact she will not be my queen ? The rage in me was raising ten folds. 

"I promise you Megnath, nothing i repeat nothing is going to hurt my priye until I am alive in this world. She will be the queen of the strongest kingdom and i will protect her with my own life. A delicate or precious artifact should be protected with hard iron boxes and I am the iron box to protect her delicate self." I answered him with my full confidence. He nodded his head and walked away but before stepping out he said without looking at me, "the rath (chariot) would be ready tonight. Speak to my daughter before you leave. Win then you win her , if not then i cannot help but give her hands to an eligible yuvan (young man)." 

With that he walked away. I sat on the floor. Took a few deep breaths. What am i going to say to her ? How am i going to do it ? Pulling the ring of my mother I caressed it and decided to give that to her. With a determination i walked inside the house to have my food. 

Vaidharbhi....

Rama anna came back home before appa could come. I got scared what if appa comes before rama anna would come and what would have happened when he saw Mukundh here but not rama anna. That thought made me fear. What would he think of Mukundh and me. Hey matha you saved us both. 

Thanks to the supreme lord who helped me in this. I took a deep breathe as i know appa , anna and my Mukundh was there for the breakfast. It has been a two days since they both came back. The days i spent with my Mukundh would be with me even after my death. I smiled thinking of the way he held me in him. The way he spoke all sweet words and the way he would many times tease me with his inappropriate touching let that be a small brushing of my waist, or in the back of my shoulders which would make me blush hard. Because of him i am always doing pranayamam (breathing exercise) due to his sudden brushing of his hands making me hold my breath. 

I think he thinks that he is the avatar of Manmadhan (god of love) and hey mahadev i am dying in his gesture. If only for appa i think, i would be married by now. I chuckled and shook my head. He is someone i would always live for. I, from my corner of my eyes, saw him walking towards the kitchen. "Mahadev save me.." i was chanting it again and again. But before i could even do that five times a strong hand came around my waist and pulled me to him and giving me a small kiss on my cheeks he walked away as if nothing happened. I wiped my smile with a small slap on my cheeks. I have to look straight, not smile like a person who has some problem in the head.