Part 18

Vaidharbhi...

I blinked but i couldn't feel anything. Around me everything has changed. It has been a day since they returned but i felt as if it was years. I turned and found myself smiling looking at my brother who is now coming back from the morning pooja. The sun is high still the one who would turn my life upside down has still not come yet. 

"What was taking him so long ??" I thought. Was there any bandits raiding the place ?? Was he been attacked by any animal ?? Did he faint while coming back home ?? What if any lion attacked him ?? I thought every bad things would happen to him. I shook my head and turned to see Rama anna and Sangamitra having a accusing stare. What is with them looking at each other as if the lion is ready to pounce on the deer. The only thing here is the lion is my sister while the deer is my brother. Never ever think that she is a fragile person. She has got the dancing skills which is really helpful for her to twist anyone's ankle. 

Suddenly the front door opened and my name was called frantically. I rushed pushing both of them making her slip on Rama anna. Who cares ? Mukundh called me i rushed. His body was damped with blood. Suddenly  a fear gripped me. Was he hurt. I ran to him while he was panting heavily. 

My lips trembled and my eyes were burning in tears. I care for him but looking at him looking for me making something inside to twist. I didn't know why but i rushed to him throwing myself to him. I cried which i never did before. He held me slowly on my waist. I didn't know what i felt but something i have never felt before. Sudden gush of wind made me come back to my sense and i saw him. "What happened ??" i whispered. He slowly took few step and pulled something from his upper vasthram. I saw and found a fawn which was not in good shape. I saw him with my eyes wide. 

"I found this little one who was near his dead mother. A lion attacked the mother and this little one was spared by the king", he said making me gasp in fear. He saw the lion the hard lion whose place this Mukundh as gone. 

"Do not say you saw the lion ?" i begged him to say no. He smirked and turned and i instantly fainted in the mere sight of the claw mark on his chest. If it was little bit harsh then the lion would have skinned the heart out. I gave him one glare and held the fawn in my hand and walked away without even speaking anything. 

"What that's it ?? I thought you would thank me ??" he said and i can see the way his voice was. Full of tease. "Ofcourse thanking the god for saving the most brainless person i have ever seen in my life and the one who fought with the lion and came back as if it was a biggest achievement. Hey Mahadev just bless me with more patience and health to deal with the brainless." 

He walked to me while i went inside the room and treated the fawn. He was so small for his age. I think he would be maximum few days back. He was so small for his days for his birth. While treating i saw someone looking at me. I know who it is and i am so not going to see the person. 

"I thought you would be happy ?" came an accusing voice. I turned to him and saw his chest dripping with blood. I sighed and walked to him and pushed him to the mat and made the paste ready and applied to him while he was looking at me as if i am some glass doll. I have never seen that look before. I saw him and raised my brows. He just nodded his head and smiled at me. I applied the paste and walked towards the little fawn and gave him some milk to drink. Something in Mukundh has been changed after he came back . He was not yelling at me. He was smiling at me. Seems to be caring at me. At times he calls me priye.  I didn't know but did they do any black magic to him as he was never like this. 

I turned to see him while i was cooking. A sudden crash made me rush to the front of the house. I sighed when saw the scene infront of my eyes. One more pot crashed. What is wrong with them ?? It is as if they were going on a war. 

"Vaidharbhi you make sure your brother is always in his border. He is just killing me with his mere presence." I turned to my brother who was fuming just like her. I nodded my head and turned to see Mukundh sleeping peacefully. The little guy was near the foot of Mukundh and curled and slept. I smiled at them. These two are already in separable. There were yelling of the two people who can't find one minute peace without fighting each other. But it felt good. Having someone to even consider as my family other than father. 

Father was really worried when the king came. The first respect for him and the other yagyas has been done in the name of the king who has won now. Appa felt as if he is wronging his friend, the deceased king who was killed brutally. After the daily yagyas he would come home straight to the back yard and would pull the pot and would take a bath. It was as if he had gone for a death house where we would come back and would take bath from head to toe with the cloths. I would not even say anything as i know how he is feeling betrayed, failed angered. I would do just the things which he would be ordering me. He would never speak with me on those days. I would never bother him in those days. Sangamitra was the wiser in these situations. So she would do the talking with Appa and i would do as per the words she say which was been spoken by appa. 

My thoughts were broken when i felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Rama anna caressing my head. This is not something he does. Why sudden affection. My sister will you make the favorite sweets please. I want to eat, something in my tongue is begging for that taste. 

"Why are you pregnant ?? Only they are the one who would carve for sweets suddenly and sour food again." came a voice. Not again please. 

"I am asking my sister why are you bothered ??" He asked her angryly. Hey govindh.. i chanter. The fight was stopped abruptly when there was the village announcer came to the street with his thandora to say the announcement.

"As the annual function of harvest for this year and to celebrate the natures gift of rain in the proper timing, it is decided that the maharaj has annouced for the annual village festival." He said and walked to the next street.

All i can do was smile big because the only time i am allowed to go out in the evening was during the annual festival.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Yabba finally made ra saamy. For finding time in between house chorse and secret mission of typing goodness it is even more tough than doing that in my work.

Sigh

Oki oki..

How.are my sweet cheeks ??

Please stay home and stay safe. this is a very hard time and we have to be very very careful. Please take care of yourself.

How was it ?

Vote and comment please.

Your love...

Shri