Part 2

Vaidharbhi...

The news broke my appa very much. He was the court medic and everything changed when we left to this village. Appa was known for his medication and i know he thinks if he was there he would have saved many people. But what happened cannot be changed can it ?? Morning was nothing but usual. Informing my appa that i would go out i walked out thinking of the royal family. Appa used to say many things to me about the Maha raja (King) and Maha rani (queen). Queen trusted him in her delivery of her first child. It was never done but she let him deliver the son the prince. They trusted him very much and it was breaking him very badly. Wiping my own tears i walked out. The fresh air made myself clear. It gave me happiness and i enjoyed it. 

Walking back home after collecting the flowers for the next day pooja and when i came back i found few people were in my house. I slowly walked inside while every one gave their way to me. Walking in i found a guy who was lying in the sheet with blood covered with him. My eyes widened. he was hardly twenty but why was he like this ?? 

He slowly saw me with his eyes piercing my soul. He saw me and only me. I stood there frozen, mesmerized. Everything around me faded while the blue eyes caught my heart. I was scared to blink what if this disappears ?? He was tall dark skinned but those heart piercing blue eyes casted the spell on me. It had it's own command even when it was not spoken. I was there looking at him and this was something strange that as if i got the answers for every unknown question. 

Slowly his eyes closed but a small sigh escapes his lips. A tear escaped my eyes. 

Why ?? I didn't know. My appa was the priest of the village and he was also a ayurvathi. He can cure any disease and also treat any wounds and me being his only daughter knows how to do the first aid and save the person's life before my a  comes. I gave the required treatment and i saw the people leave the place gradually but only one stood there rooted looking at the person gravely. 

"You can sit sir, don't worry appa would heal him." i spoke without looking at the other person. When i turned to see him he was still looking at the wounded person. He uttered nothing but just saw me and gave a curt nod. It was then i breathed out. 

Was i holding my breathe this long ??

After cleaning his wounds and bandaging them with the herbs which were available home i was waiting for appa to come home soon. I know he would have went to get more herbs to treat this person but all i wish is this person should cross this night to make sure he is safe from the danger. 

The other person did not even wink a second but was just looking at the person on the sheet who was now breathing with no strain.Appa came and  I was about to stand but the wounded person held my hand tight as if fearing that if they are left would be lost forever. I saw the person who was sitting probably his brother with a look and gulped. Appa did not utter a word. 

For him now the priority was the guy who is fighting for his life. After the treatment appa asked me to sleep but little did he know i would not do that. He also asked the brother who said his name was Rama to sleep. When he protested appa assured that his little brother is safe and away from danger. As if trusting appa he walked to the small room adjacent to the one where i am currently standing. Appa instructed me to make sure that the bandages were been covering the wounds. Nodding my head i started to check on the wounded person and waved the palm leaf fan for the person to sleep in peace. I didn't know when i started to sleep but i slept with a warm feeling in my hand which was engulfed by his hand and it felt peculiarly secured. It felt a safe haven. 

I didn't know what i dreamed but it was peaceful and i could sense myself smiling thinking of that before i could loose my sense in the darkness. 

Him...

"Run..." came a word before I was slipped into the deep darkness. I couldn't understand where I was going what I was seeing. With my only friend who was riding the horse with me on the back. The entire kingdom was been on flame. The raiders captured the kingdom. Nothing was left. The only hope was the me but could i survive my life ?? I saw my mother one last time before she was been taken by the fire. Maharaja was been brutally beheaded and a sword crossed my abdomen. If not my friend i would be dead by now. 

"Stay with us prince, just some time then we will reach some where far but safe." I chuckled in the half conscious state. What is the point in living when everything i had is lost. Mother , father, my little sister and the entire kingdom. Everything is lost doomed. All i remembered was a small gasp from a person who was screaming innocent looking at me with a pity in her eyes. I sighed and closed my eyes. I never felt anything but this felt i am finally home. 

Growling i slowly pinched my eyes and blinked few times to open my eyes and to adjust the light of the surroundings. A small snore hit my ears and i turned my head slowly to see where the sound is coming. I found a little girl who was sleeping peacefully with her soft hand holding mine. She would have heard my growl when i tried to sit but that felt like shit. Everything was paining. She snapped her head and saw me. Gasping she stood up and yelled "Don't move, you will hurt yourself." she commanded me. The nerve of her but i did as she asked me, scratch that commanded me to do. She stood but my hand was not leaving hers. She saw me and gently removed herself from me. Running to the other side of the room she called her father and someone who said he was my brother. 

Rushing to me came Dhushyanth , my cousin or to say my best friend. He broke down holding me tight but not to hurt me. "I was.... i was scared...." he spoke in a broken voice. With heavy head i held him tight. 

"Vaidharbhi go draw some water to the house i need to examine Mukundh." the girl's father who i think the doctor said. She nodded her head and saw me one last time before disappearing away from me. My eyes were only on her. Slowly ayurvathi came when Dhushyanth broke the hug. 

He caressed my head and whispered ," you are just like your father." he spoke making us gasp. He knew who we are.

"The entire nation thinks the royal family is dead but let that be like that because you are the only hope for the kingdom Abhyankara". He said caressing my head. He knew many things about me. 

"Who are you ??" i asked perplexed. Smiling at me he said " i was once your court doctor. When my wife passed away i have to take care of my daughter so i resigned myself from the royal duty to live with her in this small village as a priest and doctor."

"Meghnath ??" i asked with a doubt in me. I have heard about him whenever any royal gets sick. It was said he had some power in his medication. He smiled and nodded his head. Someone known is here. How much blessed i felt no one knew that. 

"You need to stay here for some time. You have to be strong, brave just like your father. Avenge them who did this to your family. Gather the army, until that time you would stay as Mukund while he would be called as Rama. I cannot afford to loose you both." he spoke in a broken voice. I nodded and closed my eyes. At this moment all i wanted was to take rest and gather myself and take what is mine. Until that time all i have to do it wait for the perfect moment. Not far yet i have to wait. 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Made it... Tadaa... ha ha ha ...

so how was it ?? Did you guys like it ??

Until next update...

Your girl...

Bunny Krish...