Part 14

Abhyankara...

The night we went was a full moon night. It was safe to say when we were walking in the deep forest. Dhushyanth was all the time with me as if my own shadow. A single soul from the entire destruction now my only family. We walked deep into the forest but when the moon was higher on our head i could say we were exhausted. It is going to take us two days to reach the destination but for now we have to stop by.

Dhushyanth was good in directions while i am so much not. We climbed on a big banyan tree. It was huge and the birds were now in the nest except the owls which were howling in the dark night. When i saw a small nest i looked at them. Two big birds and few small birds. They were in the nest perfect with not much of trouble just like my family. With my father as a great king and mother she was such a beautiful woman as always my father calls her. He had her paintings in actually every place in the palace. He loved her very much and would do anything for her same goes to my mother. She was kind, knows how to tackle things and was a wise queen and would support father in any matters. Father used to ask mother to take many decisions and those would always be wise as he would say and it was nothing but true. From the daughter of raja mandhiri to the queen of our land she was always respected and she does the same.

Sighing i turned and saw Dhushyanth fast asleep. My poor brother. Sighing again i looked up and saw the full moon. Closing my eyes all i could hear was an devtha (angelic) voice. "Please take care..." but the eyes not reaching mine. A faint smile was engraving on my lips.

I will.... i mumbled and i know i will... with that i slept with the wind lulling me to the deepest darkness where there wont be any pain or tears to shed.

"Leave her... it is between you and me. She is never involved in this leave her". I pleaded. She saw me. Her tears blocking her vision. She was holding his hand but i know she was holding her life for me. A small smile adores her lovely lips. It was as if she was away from her pain while he was just holding her tight to make her loose her life.

A single tear escapes and runs down her cheeks which was like a slow dagger in my heart which is slowly dragging down the body."Leave her and fight like a man" i said but that only earned a smirk. He was a maniac beast.

You want to leave her aren't you ?? He asked. Without thinking i nodded my head. I want my sister safe. He held her neck tight and a twisted it the other side. Her head hanged the other side, lifeless. All i could think was blink.

She is gone. My sister is gone. What am i supposed to do. "You will always be there for me right ??" Her whisper was ringing my ears.

He threw her and she fell like a pile of cloth. Lifeless. 

I gasped and woke up... My little sister's last moment was still haunting me. Her teary eyes and her last smile. Taking a deep breathe i saw Dhushyanth still sleeping with his hands clasped. It was early as the sun still yet to rise.

"Dhushyanth..." i shook him and he woke up after lord knows how long. After yawning he mumbled something under his breathe and i was confused.

" What was that mumbling for ??" i asked him. Yawning again he nodded his head and said 

"always my little sister would come to wake me up. But today i miss her face and that angelic voice of her's" he said and i couldn't understand why does he loves her as his sister so much. Dharani was never like this. Dharani was Dhushyanth's own sister. A cousin whom i love as my own like my sister. He also had a elder brother whom i never wanted to speak right no