Part 40

Dhushyanth...

I felt nothing. It was my wedding day but i felt nothing. There was nothing inside of me. I felt hollow. A space which can never be filled in with. My little one, my sister is being missing for more than few months. The days were running faster and i am honestly loosing my sanity. She is there out some where but we were unable to find. I am unable to find my sister. There were no paintings of hers. She has been sold. 

SOLD. 

The rani of the Dharmasesam is been SOLD as a what ? Dasi ??

The mere thought of that made me to chop each and every Kalia's head. The one to whom she is sold is called Giridharan but the place where she was sold , she is now not there. Every turn i take comes as  a dead end. Abhaya was loosing his heart of living when he couldn't find her. But he wanted me to marry Mitra so that i will be atleast at peace. 

But what he failed to notice is i can never be at peace as my little one is not under my watch. Her smile is missing , those little commands from her , those innocent eyes turning even more innocent when she wants something from me , everything every little thing about my little one is missing because she is not with me. With her brother. 

A small hand held mine. I smiled. It was my Mitra. Turning i saw her with the love i always had. She placed her hand on my shoulder and saw me. Her eyes were red. I held her by her shoulder. 

"What happened mitra ??" i asked her. She said nothing. She just placed her head on my shoulder and started to shake a little. 

"I promise you on this day Mitra i will find my sister. Come what may. My brother gave me my happiness which is you now this is my time to give him his happiness which is my sister. Please don't cry priye. Please..." i begged her. She nodded her head. Little did i failed to notice that my sister is here in the palace for the biggest day of my life but no one knows that. 

Vaidharbhi...

Everything around me was so big. I didn't know where i am but i know i am in a palace. Dasi (workers) are always asked to come through the back doors and there were a line of women and men standing. I was one of them. It is heard that the senapathi is getting married to his love. I smiled hearing the news. Atleast someone is going to be with their love whereas me, i don't know where my love is. I know he is some where safe and sound. He will come. 

If fates were there that we have to see each other then we will meet. With that i started to do my work. We were assigned to the kitchen so I was there working cutting the vegetables. It is said that everyone in the kingdom will be served by the king but we know we dasis and dass were always an exception. I smiled myself humorlessly. Appa always said he was a part of the Darmadesam's court. But i don't know where i am currently. What if this is an enemy country ? and when i speak something like this they will kill me. It is not that i am already dead, it is just that before I die I want to see my Mukundh and Rama anna. Just a glimpse even if i couldn't speak with them. I just want to know they are all hail and healthy.

I would seriously won't complain if my Mukundh has started a family. At least he can be at peace while i am just fighting for survival. It was a four days wedding. I felt terribly tired but I couldn't say a word. The work was non stop. We should do as we were commanded. In that time I was slapped twice. I never knew that before but I came to know the Maharaj hates mistakes. We were always on the toes running to fulfill the commands of the senas.

"Dasi..." came a roaring voice making us halt for a second. We should not look at them but we have to stand when they order us. "Is the sweets done ??" he commanded us. We all nodded our head. Every sweet, every variety of food which is been ordered today was my favorite or my Mukundh's favorite. I would look at those sweets thinking how my life was and how it is now.

"Today it is from the order of Maharaj that the food would be served to the dasis and dass who were working for many days here. It is to feed you all first then the food will be served to the others" he spoke in a disgusting manner as if we were nothing but slaves who are not even humans.