2

^^(Jer)

The rest of the day continued normally, with me being harassed. I kept my head down and went to my classes. People started bullying me because of my disabilities, but it somehow evolved into bullying me for being a "nerd." I didn't understand why people harmed others who took school seriously. I sat on the bench and felt my phone buzz. My boss was demanding I take the day off. I smiled at her thoughtfulness and told her I would accept it.

Jer jogged up to me and apologized for the wait. I told him not to worry, especially since I was receiving a ride from him. He began ranting about how the teacher wanted him to tutor a jock. I giggled when he stated that the guy was as dumb as rocks. He then corrected himself and said that a bag of rocks was smarter than the football player.

Jer and I sighed in disappointment when he pulled up to my house. He gave me a pitying look. I gave him a small smile and opened the door. He grabbed my wrist, so I sat back down and turned to him.

"I know what you're going to say, but I'm still gonna ask it." He took a deep breath. "There's a fair and-"

"Jer, you know Mama won't let me go." I sadly stated.

"But you've never been to a fair!" That's true, but I knew Mama wouldn't allow me to leave. "Can you at least ask?" He gave me puppy dog eyes. He knew I was powerless to refuse him when he did that.

"Okay." He cheered and gave me a hug. I giggled and told him I'd give him an answer tomorrow.

I then left the car and entered the house. I took a deep breath when I smelled Megan's dirty laundry. I saw Mama pointing to the laundry room. I gave her a small nod and began doing the laundry. It was so much since my sisters have so many clothes whereas I only have a few. That was another thing I was bullied for... constantly re-wearing the same outfit multiple times a week.

I gagged when I picked up Stephanie's underwear. Does she use any sanitary products or does she just free bleed? I didn't think there's any saving this underwear, so I put it in the trash pile. Knowing Stephanie, she would offer me the disgusting underwear to take advantage of my limited clothing options. I sighed and continued with the laundry. We're running low on detergent, so I'll have to put that on the list.

I pressed the buttons for the machine to start. I wanted to do my homework in the meanwhile, but Mama had other plans. She wanted me to help wax her. Mama can be quite cheap and exploitive, like using me as de facto esthetician. I had to swallow the bile in my throat and look at her hairy... I think you know what I'm talking about.

She handed me the wax strips and laid on her back. I put on gloves and quickly placed the wax strips in place. She then closed her eyes and yelled when I'd rip the tape off. I'll admit that I got a little pleasure from hearing her painful scream. I bit back my smile when she glared at me. I didn't want to be grounded, so I kept a straight face and confused my work. When I was done, Mama made me hold a mirror so she could properly inspect the area I had cleaned.

"Now, for my mustache." She sucked on her top lip.

I moved closer and kneeled on the ottoman. I applied the wax strip and then pulled it off. She yelled in my face, making me wipe her spit from my face. She then held up her smelly armpits. Actual gag time. I held my breath and applied the strips. I waited a moment and then pulled it off. I received a hit in the face. I held my face in shock.

"You did that on purpose!"

"I-I didn't. The-"

"I don't want to hear your excuses." She brushed me off. "Continue!" I gulped and nodded.