7

^^(Kiki)

"Hey deaf girl!" I turned around to see Paxton and his friendly jeering at me. I tried to leave, but they blocked my path. "My girl tells me that your dyke ass was checking her out!"

"I wasn't-"

"Keep your eyes to yourself, faggot!" He shoved me harshly into the lockers.

"Leave her alone!" Jer shoved them back.

Paxton then smashed Jer's face with his fist. I gasped when Jer's glasses broke in half. Jer tried to use the lockers to hold himself up, but he ended up falling to the ground. He squinted and tensed his body right before Paxton's friends began kicking him in the stomach. Paxton then pushed me back into the locker.

"Please, I didn't-"

"Shut up!" He yelled at me, making me whimper. "You have no respect for anyone." He moved, so that I couldn't see him. I tried to turn, but he kept himself angled on my bad side. "So this is the side you have difficulty seeing." He chuckled, along with the crowd. "Deaf and blind girl. All you're missing is being dumb-"

"No, she's got that covered." I saw Gabby and her friends smirking at me.

"You hear what we're saying?!" I winced when he screamed into my ear. "Answer me!"

"Y-Yes." I stuttered out.

"Can you hear now?"

He smirked and pulled the hearing aids out my ears. I gasped when everything went deathly silent. I tried grabbing it, but his friends pushed me back. They were laughing and saying stuff, but I couldn't hear them. I focused on their lips and was able to read them. They were calling me a dyke and laughing about how I was deaf.

I saw Jer yelling at me out the corner of my good eye. I saw him form the words run. But how could I leave him when he's being bullied because of me? I wanted to help him, but I was helpless. Paxton's friend then grabbed me from behind and covered my good eye with his hand. I began freaking out now since I couldn't see nor hear. I was completely senseless and it was terrifying. I tried kicking and screaming, but nothing helped. If anything, the guy began shaking in laughter.

I guess my hand may have hit him in the crotch since he stiffened and released me. I moved away from him and saw him gripping his area and groaning. I watched Paxton throw the hearing aids on the ground and then step on them. I flinched since he broke them. Paxton then decked the broken receivers at me. I squatted down and picked the hearing aids up. I felt tears in my eyes since they were broken. Jer's lips told me to run again, so I apologized and fled the school.

I pushed past the angry students who were yelling at me. I couldn't hear them, but maybe that was for the best. I ran out the school and decided to head to the diner. That was my safe place, not home but the diner. I needed Miss Brown to offer me comfort. I ran past the pedestrians and kept running. It was difficult when I turned the corners since I couldn't see out my right eye. I'd have to apologize to the people I bumped into.

I was running across the street when a person yelled at me. I couldn't hear them, but I read their lips. They were telling me to watch out? Watch out for what? I turned around and my eyes widened. I locked eyes with the terrified driver. I could see the driver's hand was on the horn, obviously blowing it but I couldn't hear. I braced myself for impact since the car was a few inches from me.

I then felt a cold wind and a force move me just out the way. I stiffened and watched the driver slam on the brakes, but I was already out it's path. I then turned when I saw the shadows move behind a building. It looked to be in a silhouette of a person, but that wouldn't make any sense since no one was walking near the building. Why was there a shadow of a person if no one was there?