11

^^(Kiki)

So I have the eggs, milk, and butter at home. I also have icing and all the ingredients. The only thing I'm missing is the structure or props that can support the uneven cake. Jer apologized and said he couldn't shop with me because the footballer forced him to tutor him. I told him it was fine and I'd see him later. Like we expected, Mama and my sisters left for the city, so it's just me. Because of that, I told Jer I'd have everything ready and all he had to do was pick me up so we could assemble it.

I pushed around the cart at Home Depot. I found a cheap broom and was just looking for wood. I needed to make inserts for the wood to hold some of the cake in place. I walked to the aisle and stopped at the sight before me. Kiki had her arms crossed as she applied more weight to one of her legs. She was staring at the wooden planks in front of her.

I quickly backed away and hid behind the corner. I peeked and saw her intently staring at the different planks. I stepped back and tried to slow down my frantic heart. I was super excited she was here since I haven't seen her for a while. But then again, I was extremely nervous. Did I look ok? I looked in the mirror and began to smooth out my t-shirt and old jeans.

I peered around the corner and saw her pick up a plank. I hid behind the corner again. She already found what she was looking for, so she'll probably leave soon. I have to speak to her or I'll risk not seeing her again for... it's been like a month.

Come on Addy! You can do it! She's just a pretty girl. She's normal and- why are you so nervous Addy? It's not like I have a crush on her or anything. I awkwardly chuckled to myself. I then stopped chuckling and widened my eyes. I don't have a crush on her! I don't! I don't! Why would that thought even cross my mind? She's just pretty and kind and really pretty and- focus Addy! She's not just an object to admire her exterior. She is a person and should not just be regarded by her looks. But she's so pretty. Enough Addy! Go talk to her.

I built up all my courage and confidently walked around the corner. My heart fell at not seeing her. I missed the opportunity to speak to her. I felt my shoulders slump and let out a sad sigh.

"Did you miss someone?" I heard near my ear.

I squealed and turned around to see an amused Kiki. I held my chest as I tried to get my breathing back to normal. She chuckled and leaned against the rack.

"You scared me."

"Sorry, gorgeous." I blushed at her words. "But why the sigh?" She gave me a knowing smirk. Did she see me?

"B-Because I couldn't find wood." I sputtered out.

"Like wood?" She pointed to her crotch. Why was she- no! That's not what I meant. My eyes widened, causing her to laugh. "I'm just messing with you. What are you looking for?" She tilted her head and smiled. I was so distracted by her beautiful face that I missed what she said.

"I'm sorry... there's a delay with the hearing aids." I made up an excuse.

"Lying looks hot on you." She smiled and walked back down the aisle. How'd she know I was lying?! "What kind of wood are you looking for?" She gestured to the display, but I was more preoccupied with something else.

"How'd you know I was lying?"

"So you admit to lying?" She smirked.

"Uh-"

"Don't worry about it. Now, the wood..." I blushed at her teasing smile. I allowed her to pick the thing that looked the most durable. "So what do you need it for?" She turned to me.

"I'm helping my friend bake a cake for his little sister!" I smiled.

"What's the theme?" She looked at the items that the cashier was scanning.