38

^^(Jer)

Kiki followed me to my different classes and kept me company. It was now lunchtime, so I showed her to the cafeteria. We walked to the table and sat down.

"Do you not have a lunch?" Kiki eyed me.

"No. I didn't pack one and I forgot my wallet-"

"Let's get some food." She stood up and made me pick out some food. She then paid, much to my protests.

"Do you not want anything?" I asked when we sat back down.

"Not hungry." She averted her eyes and smiled. I followed her line of sight to see Erana jump into her lap. "I wasn't expecting you until later." Kiki smiled and wrapped her arms around Erana's waist.

"Decided to surprise you and see the cutie who's got you wrapped around her finger." Erana moved off her lap and sat in an empty seat. "And looks like your competition has arrived." Erana smirked while Kiki rolled her eyes. Who are they talking abou-

"Umm... Addy?" I turned to see Jer sit next to me. "Why are they sitting with us?" He pointed at the two devils.

"Oh, forgot about that. Kiki and Erana, meet Jeremy or Jer for short."

"That's nice, but why are they sitting with us?" He then looked around. "I mean wouldn't they want to sit with literally anyone else?"

"No." Kiki sharply answered. "Why are you here?"

"Because I sit here and-"

"Find a new seat." Kiki said, causing Erana to giggle and me to narrow my eyes. That's rude, Kiki! "Fine... I'm so happy you're sitting with us." Erana bursted out in laughter.

"But this is our spot. You're sitting at our table!" Jer was confused.

"And it's now our table... minus you."

"Kiki." I reprimanded, causing her to groan.

"Sorry about her... she gets grumpy when she hasn't had enough male souls to consume." Kiki smirked at Erana's words.

"Male souls? What?" Jer turned to me.

"Long story." I answered.

"We're devils." Erana gestured between herself and Kiki.

"Good to know." Jer rolled his eyes and ate his lunch.

"You saved me." Erana stopped mid bite and hummed at me. "Multiple times." She hummed again, causing Kiki to snap her head in Erana's direction. "Thanks." She smiled.

"Multiple times? Why is this the first time I'm hearing about this?" Kiki narrowed her eyes at an undisturbed Erana. "Well? What happened, Er?" She shoved the girl's shoulders.

"I was being chased by a demon dog and Erana killed it." Erana nodded along and snapped her fingers. "And then the second time was in the cafe."

"You saw her kill the demon dog?" I nodded at Kiki. "And you didn't question what you saw?" She was confused.

"I did, but she basically told me to shut up and go home-"

"Er!" Kiki slapped the back of the girl's head. "How dare you tell her to shut up?!"

"Hold up! I told her to stop asking questions and to go home." Erana shrugged.

"Same thing!" Kiki nudged her. "And why didn't you tell me?"

"You were busy with other things. Actually, why didn't you tell her, Addy?" Erana mocked.

"Because I thought my imagination was running wild. I could barely wrap my mind around Gad summoning demons to-"