41

^^(Blake)

I think I sat in the pub for 2 hours since it had been non-stop rain. Thankfully, the rain eased up, so I left. I didn't want to go back home just yet, but I didn't have many options. The lights were off in the house, so my family was probably asleep. I went around the back and entered through my window.

I looked around and saw no one inside. It was a bittersweet feeling. I was happy that Kiki gave me space, but also sad that Kiki gave me space. I didn't want to be here by myself. I sighed and flopped onto the bed. I cuddled the ghost plushie and closed my eyes. Sweet dreams, Kiki.

X

I felt gentle fingers dance across my side. I opened my eyes and looked up to see Kiki smiling down at me. She blushed when our eyes met and took a step back. I grabbed her wrist before she moved too far. Neither of us knew what to do yet: have her cuddle me in the bed or for me to release my grip. Because of that we stood there and locked eyes.

"Kiki-"

We were cut off by my phone ringing. Kiki pulled back from my grasp as I answered my phone. I gave her an apologetic smile as she looked around my room.

"Hello?"

"ADDY!" I had to pull my phone away from my ear since Blake was screaming. "When are you getting here?! We're supposed to go into Philly!"

"Oh, is today the day?" I searched through my calendar and it was indeed the day that I promised to spend time with Blake.

"YES! Where are you?! It's already 9 and we normally leave at 9! Where are you?!"

"I-I'm getting you some breakfast." I threw off my covers. "You wanted-"

"I don't care about food! I just want you Addy!" I smiled as he began whining. "I also got you some muffins because I know how much you love them." I could practically see his toothy smile. "How long until you get here?"

"Umm..."

"I'll get you there once you get dressed." Kiki strolled next to me.

"10 minutes?"

"Can't wait!" Blake hung up the phone.

"Didn't know orphans were given phones... especially toddlers." Kiki leaned against the wall.

"He's not a toddler." I tripped over my clothes. "He's 6 and..." I looked around for my stuff. "And it's Elizabeth's phone that she allows him to borrow so that he can call me- where is my- brush?" Kiki smiled and handed it to me. "Thanks." I smiled and quickly brushed my hair. "I need to clean my teeth!" I ran to the bathroom while Kiki giggled.

I quickly did my routine and changed. Kiki flipped through a book while I ran around like a chicken with it's head cut off. I finally took a breather and told her I was ready. Kiki smiled and stood. I gasped when she pulled me into her. Kiki kissed my cheek, making me blush. We were then sucked into the shadows.

I clung onto her and screamed as we traveled through darkness. Kiki's arms tightened and she whispered for me to trust her. I nodded and forced myself to calm down since I knew nothing bad would happen when I was in her arms.

Kiki and I were propelled out the shadows in an alley. I smiled at seeing the orphanage ahead of us. I grabbed Kiki's hand and dragged her towards the building. I waved hi to Elizabeth and was about to greet the receptionist, but Blake ran around the corner and launched himself into my arms. I laughed and tightly hugged him.

"Finally!" Blake giggled. "These are for you!" He revealed a bag of muffins.

"Yummy!" I smiled and placed him down. "And they're blueberry... my favorite!"