59 ↝ English Barbie

"Ain't no way that I can leave you stranded,
'Cause you ain't ever left me empty-handed,
And you know that I know,
That I can't live without you."
Stay — Justin Bieber & The Kid LAROI

The boys always want to party after a win.

It's a rite of passage at this point. They'd get back from the game, hit the showers, dress up, grab their girlfriends or side chicks and hit a club or a bar. And Nessa wasn't wrong. Immediately after the boys stepped out of the field, our group chat blew up with texts saying that they'll be going out, and for us to join them.

So that's why me, Nessa, Isabelle, Kiara and Chloe are gathered in Kiara's hotel room, getting ready. The room is a mess, skirts and dresses thrown everywhere, makeup bags opened up, the bed littered with hair straighteners and curlers. It's a whole circus in here, complete with Lady Gaga blasting from the small speakers that came with the hotel room.

I step out of the bathroom, glancing at myself in the mirror that's by the dressing table. A light sage green mini dress in a cotton material that fits onto my body like a glove, with a sweetheart neckline that shows off my mom's necklace and my collarbones. 

There's a slit in the dress that reaches my upper thighs, and I've added a white belt to cinch my waist. Black thigh high boots borrowed by Kiara complete my outfit, and I'm satisfied with how it all came together.

"Who gave you the damn right to look this good, sister?" Kiara whistles, spotting me first as I walk towards one of the chairs, plopping myself down to get started on makeup. The rest of the girls cheer in response, complimenting me while I flush red, thanking them.

They all look good too, Nessa in a baby blue bodycon dress, Kiara also sporting a black skirt and a top, Isabelle wearing a strapless teal coloured mini dress and Chloe in a white bralette and high waisted jeans. You wouldn't be able to tell that just less than an hour ago, all of us were in tanktops, joggers and shorts, sweaty and panting from the soccer match, faces bare and hair messily put up into ponytails.

Humming to the tune of Lady Gaga's Paparazzi, I reach over to Nessa's makeup bag, snagging her lipstick. I swipe it across my lips, satisfied with how it looks.

I continue with my makeup, since my hair is already brushed and left down naturally. A coat of mascara, concealer and some powder later, I'm done. Nessa sprays her perfume on me, and I hold back a sneeze, throwing her a dirty look before gathering my essentials into a small chain bag that I drape over my shoulder.

"Where are we going?" Chloe asks once we're out in the hallway, walking to the lift.

Nessa slips out her phone, opening up the group chat, reading through it while we all pile into the lift. "Miles sent me the location. It's like a block from here."

"We can walk?" Kiara suggests, and everyone agrees even though we're all wearing heels. When we finally step out of the hotel, a hot breeze ruffles the hem of my dress, and I have to press it down with my hand to avoid flashing anyone as we start walking down the street.

We reach the club finally, and after flashing ID's at the bouncers, we're ushered inside. The whole place is bathed in a red neon light, with white lights flashing down on people from the smaller lights fixed to the ceiling, changing to the beat of the music. A huge chandelier hangs down from the middle of the ceiling as well, spinning slowly, adding different shades of red splashing across the vast room.