18 ↝ Locked Out Of Heaven

"And if I could, I'd get you the moon,
And give it to you,
And if death was coming for you,
I'd give my life for you."
Get You The Moon - Kina & Snøw

By the time I find a free parking spot near Times Square, the snow has fallen faster, enough to coat almost the entire city in a thin blanket of white

Luckily, I have two jackets in the trunk of my car that I had brought from home and forgot to take out, so Miles and I pull them on before getting out of the car. The crisp fresh snow crunches underneath my shoes as I step out into the icy cold air, exhaling, and watching my breath form into tufts of smoke.

Kye and Jack have pulled up in slots just a few feet away from ours, and our group merges together once again as we begin walking towards Times Square.

I walk beside Kye and Liam, who are deep in conversation about some TV show. My eyes drift over to Alex, who's walking ahead of me, with Nessa and Keira.

I watch as she laughs at something Nessa says, the glint in her eyes brighter than the lights surrounding us. Snowflakes have dusted her eyelashes and hair, making her look angelic, almost magical.

We finally reach the middle of Times Square. People are bustling about, cars honking, and tourists posing for photos. The billboards and lights flash all around us, illuminating the night.

Our group stands in the midst of all the beautiful chaos, admiring the scenery around us. New York during winter is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. The lights, the Christmas decor, the snow. It's all breathtaking.

Alex definitely seems to be enjoying it all, because she looks as excited as a child on Christmas eve. She keeps pointing at random things to Nessa excitedly, the grin on her lips wide and happy.

"Alright, now that we've seen Times Square, let's head to the karaoke bar." Chloe says, slinging her arm through Oliver's.

Miles and Nessa lead the way to the familiar karaoke bar that we've visited a few times in the past few years, which is a ten minute walk from Times Square.

Kiara and Alex fall into step beside me, walking on either side of me.

"Hunt," Kiara begins, flipping her pin-straight raven hair behind her shoulder.

"Kiara," I acknowledge in return, before looking to my left at Alex, but she's too busy looking around at our surroundings.

"I'm starving." Kiara whines, pouting.

"Same," Alex agrees, dusting snowflakes from her hair. "And cold."

"We're almost there." I nod my head ahead, at the neon sign of the bar that's coming into view.

Seconds later, I'm pushing the door open, allowing the two girls to step inside, the rest of the group following. The heating of the bar welcomes us, and I hear Alex sigh in relief.