21 ↝ Red Lights

"I won't let go of you,
Got you shackled in my embrace,
I'm latching on to you."
Latch - Disclosure & Sam Smith.

"Give me back my gummies!" Nessa wails, lunging for the last packet of gummies that's in Leo's grip.

"Stay away!" Leo shoos her away, stuffing his mouth with several gummy bears. Nessa sits back down, pouting.

Leo stares at her for a moment, before releasing a breath of defeat. "Fine. Here," He throws the packet at her, which she catches smoothly.

"Thanks bestie," Nessa giggles.

I chuckle at their childish behaviour, snuggling my pillow. I moved from the floor to my bed, laying on my stomach, watching them sleepily. It's almost 3am, Chloe and Oliver had left together about an hour ago. Hunter, Kiara, Kye and Leo remained after Kye insisted on having a sleepover.

"There's not enough space for you guys to sleep here." Nessa reminds, to which Kye simply dismisses with a wave of his hand.

"We'll manage."

"My roommate has a few sleeping bags, I could go get them." Kiara says.

"Yeah, two boys can share Nessa's bed, two girls can share Alex's and the other two can take the floor in the sleeping bags." Leo says. "Fair and square."

"I call dibs on the bed!" Kye screeches, jumping on to Nessa's bed.

"Hunter hates sharing beds with people so he can take the sleeping bag. Leo can share my bed with Kye." Nessa says, to which Hunter nods in agreement. He's also moved from the floor to sit on Nessa's bed, leaning back against the wall.

"Kye, if you snore, I'm punching you." Leo throws a playful glare in Kye's direction.

"No promises." He grins.

"I'll take the sleeping bag. You two can have the bed." Kiara turns to me and Nessa.

"You don't have to," I say, but Kiara shakes her head with a smile.

"It's fine babe."

"I'll come with you, let's go get the sleeping bags." Leo tells Kiara, getting to his feet. Kiara joins him, and the two of them leave.

"Looks like we're cuddling tonight, girlfriend!" Nessa grins widely, giving me a hug. I laugh at her excitement.

"Yeah love,"

"God, I could listen to you say love all day." She sighs, pinching my cheek before diverting her attention back to the gummy bears.

"Damn, they're done." Nessa whines, getting to her feet and discarding the empty wrapper in the bin. "Kye, wanna go get more gummy bears from the vending machine?"

"Bet!" He cheers, and the two are out the door in an instant.

I sigh tiredly, resting my cheek against the pillow I'm hugging when my eyes shift over to Hunter. He's been laying across from me on Nessa's bed for a while now, silently listening in and watching the rest of us. I had almost forgotten that he's there in my drunken, tired state.

He senses me looking at him and lifts his head, meeting my gaze. "Hey." He speaks, catching me by surprise.

"Hey." I respond softly, trying to muffle a yawn.

"Are you hammered?"

"Sort of." I grumble, rubbing my cheek and he chuckles, as if amused by my state.

"What? You're pretty drunk too." I bite back, rolling my eyes playfully.

"Not as much as you are." He replies, raising his eyebrows challengingly at me.