10 ↝ Fists Up

"You got that good boy attitude
and yeah, I kind like it.
You got the tats on your arm,
got a bad girl excited,"
- He Like That by Fifth Harmony

"Ugh, these assignments will be the death of me." Kiara groans, running a hand through her hair frustratedly.

I chuckle, rubbing her shoulder assuringly. We're sitting outside in the college courtyard, under a shady tree where there are cement tables and stools everywhere for students to study on. A soft breeze is rustling through the trees and our hair, the air crisp and fresh.

A chorus of laughter in the distance catches my attention, and I lift my head to see the soccer boys walking out of a building, with Hunter trailing behind them, talking to Kye.

It's been nearly a week since he showed up at my dorm bloody and battered. When I woke up the next day, he was gone. There's a note on my bed that simply said "Thank you, Peach."

I haven't really seen him or spoken to him much since, because school had caught up to me, I've been busy completing assignments.

Kye spots us, and says goodbye to the rest of the boys before walking over with Leo. They sit down, greeting us, and Kye holds out his hand, silently asking for my iced coffee.

I hand it to him, rolling my eyes.

"Ladies, the Halloween party is this weekend." Kye grins, lazily resting his elbow on my shoulder.

Kiara's mood lightens at the sound of this. "Ooh, I almost forgot."

"What are you guys going as?" Leo questions, resting his chin on his palm.

"Nessa, Alex and I will be matching outfits," Kiara grins cheekily. "You will see at the party."

The two boys exchange amused looks, and Leo huffs. "No need to be secretive."

"That's rich coming from you, Mr. IDontHaveACrushOnIsabelle." Kye snorts.

Leo's eyes widen, and he lunges forward, slapping his hand over Kye's mouth. It's now Kiara and I's turn to exchange amused expressions, the both of us leaning forward simultaneously.

"Isabelle, you say?" Kiara smirks. "Isabelle from the volleyball team?"

Kye nods, unable to speak because Leo's hand is still on his mouth.

"Well, well. When were you going to tell us that you fancied a girl, Leo?" I question.

Leo opens his mouth to reply, and suddenly lets out a yelp, snapping his hand back from Kye's mouth.

"Gross dude!" He exclaims, wiping his palm against his jeans, scowling at Kye who's grinning from ear to ear.

"Did you lick his hand?" Kiara bursts out laughing, and I join in when Kye nods proudly.

"What are you guys laughing about?" Nessa's voice is heard, and I turn my head to see her walking over with Hunter.

He meets my eyes, and I give him a small smile in greeting. I could've sworn his neutral expression softened for just a second when he sees my smile. But in a blink, it's gone.

I take him in, he's wearing a simple grey t-shirt with an unzipped hoodie over it, with navy blue adidas sweatpants. His black hair is nestled underneath yet another beanie, a black one this time. Hunter's face is mostly healed, but his knuckles are still wrapped in bandages.

"We were talking about the halloween party." Leo hastily explains, as Nessa and Hunter take a seat, completing our little group.

Nessa gives me a half hug once she sits down next to me, which I return warmly, smiling.