Answers ✔

Chapter 26

"How much longer?"

"Still thirty minutes," Allison replies keeping her eyes fixed to the road. I rub my hands along my thighs as I turn my attention back to the road.

"Is he really that bad of a person?" I ask after a while. "I mean everyone says that he's bad news but is he really?"

"He is... trust me." Allison glances at me while keeping her hands on the wheel. "He did some really bad things." She gives a little laugh. "He actually tried to kill your brother."

"Really?" That I didn't know. "When was this?"

"Last year. He tried to become a werewolf because he was dying." She runs a hand through her hair. "But not just any werewolf. He wanted to be an Alpha."

"He sounds like a power-hungry narcissist." I smile before realization floods me. "No offense, of course."

"No, you're right. He didn't care about any of us." Her heart begins to beat faster, causing me to furrow my brows.

"What did he do?"

"He tried to become an Alpha. I just told-"

"That's not what I meant." I cut her off. "What did he do to you?" I turn my gaze to her, to see her grip tighten on the steering wheel. "You don't have to tell me. I'm sorry for asking that was stupid." I quickly ramble, shaking my head.

"No, no it's okay. I just..." She trails off and it goes quiet for a moment before she continues. "He used me. He made me become a monster like him." I turn my head to look at her.

Allison? A monster? 

"After my mother died, I was angry. Angry at Derek, angry at everything really." I stiffen in my seat, remembering Derek telling me that he bit Allison's mother which resulted in her following the hunter's code and killing herself. This must be what Allison felt like hearing that her aunt murdered my family. "He was there for me. He trained me." She takes a deep breath in. "I thought we wanted the same thing... Derek dead-" She suddenly stops, glancing at me. "Sorry."

"It's okay. I understand." When you are so angry, you can't see or think straight. That's probably why they say 'anger blinds you'. "You still don't wanna kill him right?" I ask half-joking, but I actually am curious about what she would say.

"No. You see I didn't know that my mom tried to kill Scott and Derek was just protecting him. Or I just didn't care then." She pauses while she takes a turn. "I turned into the bad guy. So I know what it feels like." She glances at me. "That's why I know you're not a monster. Cause if you are then I'm definitely one too. I didn't care about who I hurt as long as I could get to Derek. Afterward, I couldn't believe what I did, what he made me become, that I had to end things with Scott."

A small part of me hates hearing about how Scott and Allison were together. After all, she was his first love. Something I can never be as much as I try.

"Uhh... how are things with you and Scott?" She asks, awkwardly, when I don't say anything. 

"It's... good, but we don't have to talk about that. I know you two were-"

"No, it's okay." She quickly interjects. "I broke up with him and besides I'm with Isaac now."

"Oh, so it's official now?" I smile at her. 

"Well, kinda." She admits and I see a small blush appearing on her pale cheeks.

"I'm happy for you," I admit honestly. Allison deserves to be happy. She always thinks about other people so much that she forgets to think about her own happiness.