Dead In The Water ✔

Chapter 7

"Derek! You son of a-"

"Language." He scolds, not looking up from his book. I stomp over to him and grab the book from his hand before tossing it to the side. "Hey, I was still reading that." He stands up from his seat.

"How come you didn't tell us you were alive this whole time?" I bring my fist to his chest multiple times. He grabs my hands with an eye roll.

"I was too busy trying to stay alive." He drops them before walking past me to retrieve his book. He picks it up and dusts it off. I stomp back over to him and slap the book out of his hand. He looks at me with raised eyebrows.

"What?" He questions. I suddenly wrap my arms around him.

"I'm glad you're alive." I tighten my grip. After a few moments, he wraps his arms around me.

For a while there I thought I would never see my brother again. Never be able to talk to him or ask him stupid questions. I'm glad he's okay... we're all okay.

"Me too." I release him, looking into his eyes.

"What happened to you after you...you know...fell?" I stumble, trying to find the right words.

"I woke up and managed to get up to find someone to help me back here."

"Who?" I furrow my brows.

"Someone." He doesn't meet my eyes.

"Who someone?" I rake my brain and try to think of who it could be...It had to be someone who knows about the supernatural and who knows Derek.

Peter? No, he was with Cora
The alpha pack? Hell no
Deaton...

"Deaton?" I ask.

"No." He picks up his book from the floor.

"Is it someone I know?"

"Maybe." He quirks an eyebrow with a hint of a smile on his lips. I let out a huff of air.

"You know, you're so annoying." I pick my bag off the floor before turning around to walk up the stairs but I freeze. An unknown scent enters my nose. I turn my head and look around the loft.

Who is that?

I shake my head and walk up the stairs into my shared room

"Guess who?" I smile at her. She doesn't look up but keeps her eyes trained outside the window. "You and Derek are so alike." I mutter.

"I heard you come in downstairs." She finally moves her eyes to mine. "You're very loud."

"Nice to see you too." I plop down on my bed. "What you thinking about?"

"Derek." She lets out a breath. "They're not going to stop until he joins their pack... or until they, you know, kill him."

"Well, we tried to talk to him, and look where that got us." I look pointedly at her.

"Don't look at me, it wasn't my idea." She raises her eyebrows. "I just followed Derek."

"Did you agree with him?"

"Nina, there's no negotiating with these guys. Sometimes you just have to kill them." She says before looking down at her feet.

"Like what happened that night in South America." I say slowly not meeting her eyes.

"You had no choice, Nina." She breathes out. "You did the right thing. So don't think too much about it."

"How can you say that? I murdered a man." I look up to the ceiling. She sits down on my bed and places a hand on my leg.