Nightmare ✔

Chapter 14

"Derek you son of a-" I smile as I lift up the note again.

I thought you needed a better way of getting around

I put the note down as I gaze at the beautiful black motorbike in front of me. I take a step closer and run my hand over the cool steel. I laugh as I regrettably turn away.

I think I forgot to mention to Derek that I don't have my license yet.

My phone beeps in my pocket.

"Hello, Allison."

"Nina, um... my dad said you're staying here for a while. I just- I wasn't sure if you needed a lift here or anything?" I smile as I look at the pristine black motorbike.

"That will be great, thanks."

Within a few minutes, Allison arrives at the loft and picks me up. It's quiet in the car for a while as the radio plays random background music.

"Are you okay with staying over?" She asks hesitantly.

"Yeah...um at first I didn't know what to think, but it's okay."

"I just don't want there to be any hard feelings between us. My family's mistakes shouldn't stop us from being allies."

"I agree." I turn my gaze out the window. Even though a part of me still resents Allison and her father for being hunters, I know they are good people. I know they are different from the others we have encountered, but you can't erase the fact of what they are.

After sitting in a somewhat comfortable, somewhat tense silence we arrive. We go up to her floor and enter the apartment. Argent walks out of his office and grabs my bags out of my hand.

"Nina, welcome. Your room is this way." I follow after him and enter. The room is bigger than my one in the loft. It has a double bed in the middle with a closet on the side. The duvet is light blue and grey. Other than that it's a beautiful, simple room. "The room itself is a mirror of Allison's, but the furniture and colors are different." He points to the door on the left of mine.

"It's beautiful, thank you." I open the curtains by the bed and look outside before turning back around to him. "I know it must've been an inconvenience to have me here on such short notice."

"Not at all." He crosses his arms over his chest. "Derek and I have a difficult relationship but he explained why and I wanted to help."

"What did he say to you exactly?"

"He said you shifted during the lunar eclipse and he didn't recognize you." Argent gives me one last glance before leaving the room and closing the door. I furrow my brows.

He didn't recognize me?

The cold air blows against my skin, causing my eyes to snap open

The cold air blows against my skin, causing my eyes to snap open. I furrow my brows as I stare at my surroundings. Trees blow gently in the wind and the ground is layered in dirt and leaves.