Stiles ✔

Chapter 23

Buzz buzz buzz

"Scott, turn it off" I mumble half asleep.

It's way too early for this.

The phone continues to vibrate. I lift the duvet over my head. "Scott," I grumble, but it comes out muffled.

"I'm getting there" He mutters. I hear movement before the buzzing stops. "It's Stiles."

"Tell him we're sleeping," I grumble turning onto my side.

"Hey man, what's up?" Scott asks into the phone. I groan and am about to put a pillow over my head when I hear what's on the other side.

Static

"Stiles?" Scott asks more concerned but is met with nervous breathing along with the same static sound. I lift the duvet off of my head, quirking my ears to hear better. "Stiles, you there?"

"Scott?" Stiles whispers. He sounds terrified. I sit up in the bed, fully awake. Scott lifts the duvet and sits up.

"Hey man, I'm here." He asks getting more concerned. "Are you okay? Can you hear me?"

"Scott, I don't... I don't know where I am. I don't know how I got here." Stiles' broken voice whispers. "I think I was sleepwalking."

"Okay, um, can you see anything? Just tell me what you see"

"Ah, it's dark. It's hard to see. I think there's something wrong with my-"

The call disconnects.

Scott gets out of the bed and worriedly turns to me. "Try again," I suggest, biting my fingernails. Scott dials again and paces the room.

"Hey-"

"Stiles?" Scott breathes.

"-this is Stiles and you missed me-"

Scott hangs up the call. "Try your phone." He rushes, trying to dial Stiles again. I quickly grab my phone and search for his contact. "Come on," He mutters to himself, putting the phone to his ear.

"Hey this is Stiles-" His voicemail sounds again. I try my phone and the same thing happens.

"I can't get a hold of him either." Scott begins to breathe heavily, nervously brushing his hand through his hair. "Scott..." I mutter putting my hand on his shoulder. "Breathe." Scott continues to dial Stiles, muttering under his breath.

Finally, the call connects.

"Stiles?"

"Scott, I don't think I can get out of here." His panicked whisper sounds again. "I can't move."

"Where are you?" Scott's wide eyes turn to me.

"I don't know, I don't know. It's too dark. I can't see much." He panics. "And something is wrong with my leg. It's stuck on something and I think it's... I think it's bleeding." My hand flies over my mouth.

"How bad, Stiles? How bad is it?" But there is no reply. "Stiles, are you there? Can you hear me?"

"Ah, there's some kind of smell down here. Something smells terrible." His voice cracks. "It's brutal. My eyes are watering."

"Okay, listen I'm gonna call your dad-"

"Wait, no, no, no, don't." Stiles panics.

"But your dad-"

"Don't. Just please don't call him. Promise you won't." Stiles' broken voice sounds. "He already worries about me too much. Scott, please."