Being Human ✔

Chapter 17

That can't be true... There's no way it's true. But then again I managed to shift during a lunar eclipse so does it really sound that unbelievable?

"Does anyone else smell blood?" Isaac brings me out of my thoughts as he sniffs the air, followed by Scott. I subtly put my arm behind my back.

"It's a Vet. There's probably animal blood here somewhere." I try to diffuse it. Isaac nods, but Scott looks less convinced, although he doesn't say anything further.

"Xylazine." Deaton says walking into the room before placing three vials on the steel table. "It's a tranquilizer for horses. For a werecoyote, expect it to work within seconds. I only have three. So whoever's shooting, needs to be a damn good shot."

"Allison's a perfect shot." Scott says.

"She used to be." Isaac says crossing his arms over his chest.

"She can do it."

"If we manage to find the thing."

"Thank you Mr. Negative." I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, what is the point of him?" Stiles states pointing towards Isaac. "Seriously, I mean, what is his purpose? Aside from the persistent negativity and the scarf? What's up with the scarf anyway? It's 65 degrees out." Isaac shrugs.

"Look, maybe I'm asking the question no one here wants to ask. How do we turn a coyote back into a girl, when she hasn't been a girl for eight years?"

"I can do it." Scott says after a while.

"You can?" Stiles asks, with his brows furrowed.

"He can." I confirm with a nod.

"You remember the night that Peter trapped us in the school?" I blink my eyes.

Seriously Peter? Trapping a bunch of teenagers in a school?

"In the gym, he was able to make me turn using just his voice. Deucalion did the same thing in the distillery." Scott continues.

"This is a werecoyote, Scott. Who knows if it'll even work if you can find someone who can teach you." Deaton says.

"That's why you called Derek first." Stiles says to Scott before turning to me. "What's up with your brother anyway?"

"Honestly, I'm starting to get worried." I say with a sigh. "He hasn't been answering my calls."

"But isn't that normal for Derek? I mean he's not the most social person out there."

"Yeah, but he would always answer. Especially now." They exchange a look.

"Maybe he just doesn't want to talk." Isaac states, with a shrug. Stiles raises his arms in the air.

"Seriously. Not helping."

"I can try shifting on my own." Scott says. "But right now, I'm too scared to even change into just a werewolf." I glance down at my nails. My claws still can't grow.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not...

"We need a real Alpha."

I glare at Stiles, "Dude."

"You know what I mean. An Alpha who can do Alpha things. You know, an Alpha who can get it going. You know, get it..." he rambles.

"Up?" Isaac suggests.

"Great." Scott lets out a breath. "I'm an Alpha with performance issues."

"Don't worry." I pat him on the back. "It happens to most Alphas."