Kira ✔

Chapter 18

"Come one... please." I hold my breath as I slowly peel the gauze off my arm in the bathroom.

Still there.

A huff of air escapes my lips as I stare at the stitched-up scratches still present on my arm.

Still human.

On the bright side, it's dry now. I take a roll of bandage from the first aid kid and roll it around my arm until it completely covers the scratches. I look over my reflection one last time in the mirror before putting my jacket on and walking back into my room.

"Nina!" Allison calls me as she peeks her head into my room. She steps inside as I pick my backpack off the floor. "How are you feeling?" Her voice softens.

I nod my head slowly as my hand subconsciously reaches for my arm, "I'm okay... still human."

"Do you think it's permanent?"

I collapse onto the bed, "It seems like it." She walks further into the room and sits down next to me.

"Just take it one day at a time. I'm sure it will come back. If it is someone just messing with you then eventually they will get bored, right?"

I look over at her with a nod, "So I just act normal? Like I don't care?"

"Exactly. If you aren't reacting in a chaotic way, they might leave you alone."

"But who is it? Who's doing this to me in the first place?"

"Deaton will figure it out. He always does." It's quiet for a moment as my eyes look around the room before stopping on her hand.

"Thanks for yesterday."

"For what?"

"You covered for me. I thought for sure I would have to confess everything to him right then and there."

Why didn't I confess everything to him? To everyone? It's not like I can keep this a secret forever.

"Oh..." She breathes out in realization. "I was just keeping your secret." She smiles as she lifts up her palm. "I actually cut my hand when I was cleaning some weapons so it was good timing."

I should tell Scott what's going on. And if I have to leave the pack, then so be it. It's better than living a lie.

 It's better than living a lie

"I'll never get used to this." A smile overtakes my lips as I remove my helmet and shake my hair out. Even though I'm only human, there's a certain confidence that comes from riding a motorbike. You feel untouchable. Like a real badass. I get off to see four sets of eyes on me. Two of which I never wanted to see again. "What are you two doing here?" I grab my bag and stalk over to them.

Aiden rolls his eyes before turning his gaze back to Scott, "You need a pack. We need an Alpha."

"No way in hell." I keep my glare firmly planted on the twins.