Surrogate Sacrifices ✔

Chapter 11

"Derek!" Stiles yells, slapping him on the cheek. "Derek, come on!" Stiles slaps him once again.

"Come on, Derek." I mutter, biting my nails. Stiles raises his hand preparing to slap him again but hesitates. He closes his palm, makes a fist, and brings it down towards his unconscious face. Derek's eyes snap open as he grabs Stiles' fist moments before disaster. I let out a breath. "Derek." I crouch down next to him as his eyes dart around the room.

"Where is she?"

"Jennifer?" Stiles answers frantically. "Gone with Scott's mom."

"She took her?" His brows furrow.

"Yeah, and if that's not enough of a kick to the balls, Scott left with Deucalion, okay? So we gotta get you out of here. The police are coming right now, and we gotta get you the hell out of here." Stiles and I begin pulling Derek up but he stops us.

"Whoa. What about Cora?"

"She's with Peter, come on." We lift him up and dash to the hospital entrance.

"You go ahead, I'll hold the police up." Stiles stops by the doors.

"You need any help?" I ask looking over at him.

"No, it's fine. Just make sure Cora's okay." I nod before running over to Derek's car. I hop in the passenger seat as we make our way to the meeting location. Derek stops the car next to Argent, Allison, and Isaac.

"Where's Scott and Stiles?" Allison asks, looking over at me.

"Stiles is going to hold the cops off for us at the hospital."

"So we have to go right now." Isaac says as Derek grabs Cora.

"What about Scott and Melissa?" Argent asks.

"Jennifer took Melissa." Derek replies while holding Cora. I open the door of his car as he puts Cora inside.

"What about Scott?" Allison asks. I look over to Derek but he doesn't say anything. I let out a breath.

"He made a pact with Deucalion." I say simply.

"What so he's with them now?" Her eyes widen.

"Yeah," I say softly.

"Wha- I don't under- why would he do that?"

"He didn't know what else to do." 

"She's dying, isn't she?" Isaac asks

"She's dying, isn't she?" Isaac asks. I pace around the loft, stealing glances at Cora's body.

she's going to be okay, right...

she has to be

"I don't know." Derek answers softly.

"So what are you going to do?"