Protecting The Enemy ✔

Chapter 10

"Derek, please listen to us, okay?" I rush out as I stare into his confused eyes.

"What is it?" I exchange a look with Scott and Stiles before turning back to him.

"This is going to be hard for you to hear, but you need to believe us." I breathe out.

"What?" He raises his brows. "Just get to the point."

"Ms. Blake is the Darach." I say slowly. He stares at me for a while before he shakes his head.

"That's impossible."

"We saw her." Scott defends.

"Then you saw wrong." He crosses his arms over his chest. "She's just a regular high school teacher."

"She took my dad." Stiles speaks up, with glassy eyes. "She's going to kill him."

"It can't be." He mutters turning away from us.

"I wouldn't lie to you, Derek. You know that." I walk towards him. "You need to trust us, okay."

"Derek!" Her voice sounds. My eyes harden as I stare at Derek. Scott grabs my arm before we hide behind a wall. "Derek! Where are you?" She opens the loft doors.

"Right here." Derek says walking toward her with a neutral expression on his face.

"Thank God." She mumbles going toward him and giving him a hug. "Something happened at the recital. At the school." She says stepping away from the hug. "Okay, I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear any of it from them."

"From who?"

"Scott, Stiles, your sister, Nina. They're gonna tell you things. Things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay? You trust me." I glare at the back of her head.

She's really playing him, isn't she

"What is it?"

"Promise you'll listen to me." She begs.

"I promise." She leans forward and kisses him. I look away as I feel anger bubbling in my stomach. They break apart and she stares at him.

"They're already here, aren't they?" She steps away from him as Derek glances at us. We take that as our cue and walk out from behind the wall. She turns around to look at us.

"So...they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?"

"We told him you're the one killing people." Scott says.

"Oh, that's right." She says with a chuckle. "Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour. That way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. That makes perfect sense."

"Where's my dad." Stiles manages to get out.

"How should I know?" She says turning to Derek. "Derek, tell me you don't believe this." He turns his gaze to us and I nod my head.

"Do you know what happened to Stiles' father?"

"No." She says innocently.

"Ask her why she almost killed Lydia." Scott says.

"Lydia Martin? I don't know anything about that."

"You are unbelievable, you know that?" I scoff crossing my arms over my chest. "I saw you with my own eyes. We all did."

"What do you know?" Derek asks.

"I know that these teens, for whatever misguided reason, are filling your head with an absurd story." She says. "And one they can't prove, by the way." She turns to us in an almost taunting way.