Migraines ✔

Chapter 24

Everything is chaos. People are screaming. Electrified water is flooding the area. I run as fast as I can while yelling at people to stay back. I stop by the water edge just in time to see Kira flip over a car and onto the water.

Kira manages to grab the flying cable with one hand. She uses her other hand to slowly cover the end of the cable, where sparks are flying out. "Kira!" I yell as I attempt to move forward only to be held back by Derek.

But Kira is fine. Nothing happens... until she opens her eyes. They glow a striking, fiery orange. She manages to absorb all the electricity just like she did that night at the power station.

As soon as it's safe, Derek rushes off to Isaac who was electrified. I immediately rush over to Kira, shaking her arms. "Kira, are you okay?" I panic.

She looks dazed as she replies. "I'm fine." She then furrows her brows. "I did that?" She breathes out.

"Yeah, yeah you did. It was awesome." I smile at her.

"He's not breathing." Derek panics. I swiftly turn around to where Derek is over Isaac's body. "Scott! He's not breathing!"

Everything happens so fast. Paramedics rush to take Isaac inside. Allison dashes after the stretcher with tears coating her eyes. "Allison," I call to her as he stumbles over her feet. I place my hands on her arms. "Careful." I walk with her to Isaac's room as they shut the doors in our face.

"Are you okay?" I ask Allison as she stares longingly through the hospital door Isaac was taken through.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. But Isa-"

"Isaac will be fine. Allison." but her gaze still remains transfixed on the door. I turn her around to face me. "Isaac will be fine. Trust me, he's a werewolf after all."

"Then why isn't he healing."

"Sometimes it takes a while for the healing to kick in, especially after an electric shock." She still looks lost in thought. "Allison go home. You need to sleep."

"I can't just leave him here." She runs her hand through her hair. "I'm gonna stay here. I need to stay here." She says determinedly. Her voice lowers, "He has no one else." I let out a sigh. I know there's no arguing with her now. Once she sets her mind to something she will do anything to see it through.

"Fine." I put my hands up in surrender. "But if you're staying here, then so will I."

"No, Nina I can't ask you to do that." She shakes her head.

"Well, then it's a good thing I wasn't asking for your permission," I smirk before taking a seat on the hard, uncomfortable hospital chair. "I can stay here all night." She lightly laughs before sitting down next to me.

"Thank you." She smiles. A genuine, warm smile reaches her eyes. We sit and chat about everything and anything for I don't know how long until one of us falls asleep causing the other to join in as well.

I awake with a start as I feel something touch my shoulder. I lift my head off of Allison's shoulder and see two pairs of eyes staring at us. "Allison." I nudge her arm.

"Have you guys been here all night?" Scott asks, leaving his hand on my shoulder.

"Allison didn't want to leave him so I stayed here with her," I say with a yawn.

"They won't let me see him cause I'm not family." She adds. "I told them he doesn't have any."

"He's got us." Mrs. McCall says, pulling something out of her jacket. "And I've got a key-card." She gives us a smile before leading the way to the hospital room. I get up to follow her, but the room starts spinning. I stumble, but Scott manages to grab me before I fall.