Black-Light Party ✔

Chapter 20

The loud, thundering music echoes into the night. I stand at the loft door and drag it open. A smile takes over my lips at the sight before me. The whole loft is packed with people. Everyone has paint over their bodies which glows in the light.

Derek can never know about this...

"Welcome!" I shout over the music to Scott, Stiles, and Kira behind me. Kira has an overwhelmed look on her face as she looks at the crowd of people dancing. I give her a reassuring smile and motion for her to follow me into the crowd. I glance down at my white converse to see them glowing in the light. My shoes have never looked so cool.

Stiles begins explaining to Scott about the strange key on his key ring. "It just showed up there on my key ring this morning. I asked my dad if he put it there but he said he didn't know anything about it."

"It's just a key, right?" Scott asks over the loud music.

"It looked like a plain old key to me," I add, glancing at everyone at the party.

"Yeah, but it's not mine. And I don't know how it got there or what it's for."

"You want to leave so we can figure it out?" Scott asks. Stiles is about to respond when a girl with a neon orange wig walks up to him and kisses him on the cheek, leaving a bright neon mark.

"Happy Halloween." She beams, before taking off into the crowd of dancing teens. I raise my brows as a laugh escaped my lips. Stiles stares after her with a dazed look on his face.

"It can wait." He pats Scott on the shoulder before taking off after her.

"Wow." I laugh as I turn and look around the room. I groan as I spot two people going up the stairs. "I'll be right back." I make my way through the sea of dancing bodies and finally reach the stairs. "Hey," I say getting their attention. "You can't go up there. The party's down here."

"But we have to... go to the bathroom." The guy with a blue scorpion painted on his chest says.

"Well, there should be one down here somewhere, okay." They let out a huff of air before walking off. I roll my eyes and begin towards Scott when someone stops me.

"Nina!" I turn around and spot Danny. He has blue paint on his face and body that glows brightly in this light.

"Hey, Danny. That art looks amazing." I beam.

"Oh thanks, the girl over there did it." He points to a girl with fluorescent orange in her hair who is busy painting someone else.

"I'll keep that in mind for later." I smile as I look back at him.

"So how's the party?"

"It's great. You did such a good job getting the place set up."

"Hey, you played a crucial part in setting this up too, you know. Thanks again for letting us use the place."

"I'm glad I did. I think this is the most life this place has had in a long time." He chuckles as he starts glancing around the room.

"Have you seen Ethan anyway? He went to get some more ice, but I haven't seen him since."

"No I haven't actually, but I'll keep a lookout for you."

"Thanks, I'll see you around." He smiles and walks away. I face the crowd and turn around to find Scott. My heart drops as I see him and Allison staring at each other from across the room.

maybe it all means nothing... maybe I'm just a rebound.

I shake my head and walk over to him as he looks away from Allison but begins to dart his eyes around. "Hey what's wrong-" I then notice that Kira is nowhere to be seen. "Did you lose Kira?"