The Alpha's Girl ✔

Chapter 21

"His eyes were glowing," Scott says as we sit in Argent's office. Allison cleans the blood from her father's face from when she found him unconscious on the floor.

"They looked like fireflies," I add remembering those piercing yellow eyes I saw only a few hours ago.

"There was something almost ritualistic about it. Like it was looking right into his soul." Argent says as he begins to tell the story of when he first encountered the dark figures.

"That's the same thing it did to me," Isaac says sitting on the table.

"That's what it did to everyone," Allison adds.

"Well, not everyone," I say from my spot against the wall. I share a glance with Scott. "Not yet anyway," I add under my breath.

"They only came after the werewolves," Scott looks back to Argent.

"And Lydia."

"Anyone with a connection to the supernatural," Argent says.

"Then who's the guy they went after in Japan?" Isaac questions referring back to the story Argent was telling.

"A Kumicho. A Yakuza boss. It was my first gun deal. I was only 18 and it was supposed to be a simple exchange. Except Gerard left out the minor detail of the buyers being Yakuza. He wanted to see if I could adapt in the moment. Testing my ability to improvise."

"Or your ability to survive," Allison adds. I don't understand how someone could put their own son in a position like that. I've never met the guy and I'd like to keep it that way.

"The moment the sun went down it was like they just materialized out of the shadows. They had swords, not curved like katanas but straight, black steel. Like ninjas."

"What did they want?" Scott asks.

"To get to the Kumicho. They cut down every living thing in their way."

"Did they mark them as they did us?" Isaac asks rubbing the mark behind his ear.

"Not Exactly." Argent looks down at the table in deep thought. "Let's just say, he wasn't walking away after that."

"What was he?" Scott asks.

"I don't know. But there might be someone who does. There were a few others who survived that night. One of them was a man named Katashi. They called him Silverfinger because of an unusual prosthetic. And it looked like he was getting ready to take them all on himself. So I fought back." He clears his throat. "I've known for a while Katashi was in the country. I spent yesterday tracking him down."

"Didn't look like he wanted to be found," Isaac says referring to the stitches Argent now has on his temple.

"Not particularly, no."

"So you think he knows what they are? Or what they want?" Scott leans forward.

"Maybe"

"What if he doesn't want to talk?" Allison questions leaning on the table.

"What if he doesn't even remember you?" Isaac adds. Argent gets out of his chair and walks towards the wooden box sitting on his desk. He turns it around and opens it.

"He'll remember this." I lean forward over the desk and peek inside the box. There is a black shattered mask inside. The mask of those dark figures.

"How did you get this?" I ask in disbelief.

"I shot one of them that night in the face. The mask shattered." Scott picks up one of the pieces and examines it. "I know I didn't kill it. I don't think you can." Argent continues. "But I slowed it down long enough for us to get out of there."