Coyote ✔

Chapter 15

"Hi, Kira." I smile as she opens her locker. "I didn't know your locker was here."

"I usually get to school early because of my dad." She nods as she begins packing things away. "But today I overslept."

"How is everything going?" I close my locker and turn to face her.

"It's alright, I guess." She shrugs. "You're kinda the only person that has spoken to me-"

"Really?" She doesn't have any friends?

"It's fine. I'm not really that talkative."

"That reminds me a lot of my sister." I laugh with an eye roll.

"You have a sister?" She closes her locker with wide eyes. "Where is she?"

"She's in South America. Uh...boarding school."

I don't like lying to people but I don't really want to get into the whole 'my family was murdered in a fire when I was 11' rant.

"What about you?" I ask quickly as we begin walking to class.

"Nope. It's just me." She breathes.

"It must get lonely."

"It's okay, I'm used to it." I feel a pang in my stomach as her heart skips a beat. She is lonely...

"Hey, Kira." I stop as I look over at her. "If you want you can eat lunch with me and my friends." Her eyes widen.

"Really?"

"Yeah, they're all pretty nice people so you don't have to worry too much."

"That'll be great, thanks."

"I'll see you then." I smile before we go our separate ways. I quickly make my way to class before Coach has an excuse to blow a whistle in my face. I enter and take a seat in front of Stiles. I turn around to face him and Scott."Hey." Stiles doesn't look up but keeps his eyes focused on his page. I furrow my brows and look over to Scott who just shrugs his shoulders.

"Okay, listen up you degenerates..." Coach walks into the class and stops in the front. I let out a breath and rest my head on my hand.

This is going to be a long day...

"Stilinski, you paying attention back there?" I jump at the sudden loud noise. I turn around and spot Stiles furiously scribbling on the page.

"Stiles." I whisper but he doesn't move.

"Stilinski." Coach begins to raise his voice. "Stilinski!" Coach rolls his eyes before blowing his whistle. Stiles jumps and looks at Coach with wide eyes. "Stilinski!" Stiles looks around the class in a daze.

"Uh-huh?"

"I asked you a question."

"Uh...sorry coach. What was it?"

"It was 'Stilinski, are you paying attention back there?'"

"Oh. Well... I am now." He replies slowly.

"Stilinski, stop reminding me why I drink..." I furrow my brows. "Every night."

"Wow, coach." I mutter under my breath. I turn around to face Stiles as Coach continues the lesson.

"I'm okay. I just fell asleep for a second." He shakes his head, looking over to me and Scott. Scott furrows his brows.

"Dude. You weren't asleep." He motions to the page in front of Stiles. He follows his gaze and stares at it. I glance down and see the words 'wake up' written all over it, in different ways and fonts. He turns the page upside down quickly with a worried look on his face.