Chapter 1

Present Day

Armando

"Wake up,lazy bones!" My sister shouted as she pulled the covers off me.

"Mmm, Viola let me sleep, it's a weekend" I said sitting up in my bed.

"As much as I'd love to, I can't. Dad wants you in his office in an hour."

"Why?"

"Something about a meeting. Now if you'll excuse me, there's one more  De Niro I have to wake up."she said rolling her eyes and I laughed.

"Good luck!" I shouted before she left my room,closing the door behind her.
  Meeting?what for? Well better get ready and find out.
I got out of bed,took a shower,brushed my teeth and dressed in black jeans and a navy blue shirt. I headed down to the kitchen so I could have some food before this so called meeting.

"Pancakes or eggs and bacon?" Viola asked me.

"Pancakes please. Where is Raul?"

"He should be here anytime from now." I took a seat at the dining table playing a game on my phone while waiting for my breakfast. I heard loud footsteps coming from the staircase. I turned to look at Raul and he waved at me.

"Good morning brother"he said

"Good morning. You're up early, it's an achievement"I said in a teasing tone.

"I smelt bacon" he shrugged and joined me at the table. Viola came up to us with two plates in her hands.

"Pancakes for you" she said as she laid my plate in front of me.

"And bacon for you"she said as she did the same for Raul.

"Thanks" we both said in unison and she made her way back into the kitchen.

"So, why does dear old Daddy want us in a meeting?" Raul asked me,his attention purely on his meal.

"I have no idea. I guess we'll just have to find out later"

"It'll be sooner than later I can assure you" my father said walking into the room.
"You have 5 minutes to get to my office. Hurry up eating"

"Ok pops" Raul answered and I just nodded.

After we had finished eating, Raul and I were heading for our fathers office and we stopped a few inches from the closed doors.

"After you" he said.

I entered and Raul followed,closing the door behind him. My father was seated in his chair and ushered us to take a seat on the leather sofa and we did just that.

After a few moments of silence he took in a deep breath and said, " Boys, the council was here this morning."

"And?" Raul questioned

"And, as you know, as of next year I will no longer be alpha of the pack. That responsibility will be passed on to someone else."

"Yeah yeah, Armando's going to be the next alpha. Can you get to the point dad I'm quite tired." Raul said

"I'm afraid the council has decided against him." My father said, the look of defeat clear on his face.

"What do you mean 'decided against me'!" I snapped.