Chapter 3

I drove us to heaven's lake. it was cool,windy but peaceful. Its the place I come to be alone,to think or to cool down. It's kinda my Happy place, and the water in the lake was always a bright, sparkly blue it sometimes looked like there were diamonds at the bottom of the lake.

"This is a nice place to hideout." Enrico said as we walked out of the car and onto the banks of the lake.

"Yeah, a great place to clear a foggy mind"

"You know you still haven't told me what happened in the meeting."

I heaved out a sigh. "They don't want me Enrico. The council thinks I'm not capable of being alpha. They think I'm weak so they've decided to let Raul take my place."

"Well that's a knife in the chest. What did your father say?"

"Nothing, my father arguing with the council over me is useless. They'd never listen. But I did ask him to give me a chance so I can try and fix myself."

"And.....?"

"He's given me upto the end of the year."

"Well at least you've got half the year remaining, that's a lot of time."

"Yeah, though I'm yet to come up with a plan."

"Start with the pack doctor."

"Been there a million times and all they say is I'm fine and nothing's wrong."

"That's odd."

"You think? I can't shift, I have zero wolf abilities, I doubt I'll ever find my mate, I can't even sense my wolf! And yet I'm supposed to be the alpha of the largest and strongest pack. Sometimes I wish I was-"

"Finish that sentence and I'll slit your throat Armando!"he snapped at me. "How many times do I have to tell you to stop speaking such nonsense. Get it together man, this is no time for a pity party so stop being a pussy!".

I looked at him and he had a scowl on his face, his eyes  were no longer their usual green,they were indigo,which for me meant I was going to get another famous four hour lecture from Roman, Enrico's wolf.

"Before you lecture me Roman. I'm sorry, I won't do it again, I promise" I said hoping to talk my way out of the lecture.

"You promise?"

"Yes, I promise"

"Good."

Enrico's eyes flashed between green and indigo before turning back to their usual green. I bent down and sat on the grass by the banks with my knees to my chest and my elbows rested on my knees. I tilted my head back so I was looking up at the sky.

"Goddess above, please help me." I said in a whisper as I closed my eyes and I felt a tear roll down my face.

"I know where we could start." Enrico said, he stretched out his hand to help me up and I took it as he pulled me up.

"Where?" I asked once I was one my feet.

"Follow me." And with that, he started walking into the forest that surrounded the lake.

"Sure".