Chapter 9

I quickly drove from home,through the busy roads of the city to my office building.

When I arrived, I parked my car and headed up to my office. When I was settled, my secretary walked in.

"Alexa, what's all the trouble about?"

"Sir, the fabric shipment from Paris arrived at the port last night."

"And?"

"Sir, it never arrived at the warehouse."

"So what you're saying is that it's missing?"

"Yes."

"Okay uh, get me a report on what happened at the port yesterday and call officer Rogers, tell him to come over."

"Yes sir." She left my office.

This better be some silly mix up. I mean who the hell steals fabric?!

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

So after clearing all the confusion at work and completing some paperwork, checking reports and a few meetings I was exhausted. It was 7:15pm,so I decided to enjoy the rest of my evening alone at my house.

I was laying on my bed when my phone rang. I picked it up from the nightstand and answered.

"Hello mother."

"Dante where are you? It's late and you're not home, Raul said you dropped him off and left-"

"Mom, listen, I'm fine, I had some business to take care of that's why I left."

"Okay, now tell me where you are?"

"I'm home."

"What do you mean you're home, you're not here."

"I mean I'm home, as in at my place."

"Ohh, well that's sad, but a relief nonetheless. Goodnight son, I love you."

"Goodnight mom. Love you more."

She cut the call and I put my phone back on the nightstand, buried myself under the covers and fell asleep.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I was woken up by the sound of my phone vibrating and ringing. I ignored it and sat up to look at my alarm clock and it was midnight.

Who the hell calls people at this hour?!

My phone started ringing again,this time I picked it up.

"You better have a very solid reason for waking me up at this hour Cedric."

"Well I'm sorry for intruding on your beauty sleep but I just found something and it's best you get down here as soon as possible."

"Fine, I'll be there soon."

"Great."he said and cut the call. I threw the covers off me, walked into my wardrobe, put on a shirt and a hoody before putting on sneakers, grabbing my phone and car keys and leaving the house.

I got into my car and drove as fast as I could to Cedric's house.
When I got there, he was standing on the front porch.

"What took you so long?"he asked as I was walking towards him.

"It takes about two hours to get here. I'd say I didn't take that long."

"Whatever, come inside, i have something to show you."

"You already told me that."

We went inside the house and straight to the his "Lab", the basement. I sat down on the sofa and Cedric handed me a document.

"What is this?" I asked him

"It's the results of your blood work."

"Ok so you called me at this hour for my test results."

"Yeah, I didn't just do a standard hospital blood test. I did a few of my own."

"And?"

"And I have good news and bad news."

"Start with the good."

"Okay, so good news is you're not cursed."

"But"

"Bad news is you've got wolfsbane in your system."