Chapter 12- Freeing the captive

I was in the office at my house practicing  the symbol Cedric told me to. It's been a week already and I'm starting to grow  a little impatient but there's nothing I can do except wait. I was drawing the symbol for the millionth time when my office door opened and Enrico stepped in.

"Enrico what are you doing here?" I asked as he sat down across from me.

"Well I came to visit you."

"Yeah right" I replied sarcastically.

"Cut the sarcasm Armando. I haven't seen you in a week. What have you been up to"

"Learning how to draw a symbol."

"Let me see"

I handed him the paper on which I had just finished drawing the symbol.

"This is cool...where'd you get this from?"

"Cedric"

"What you're becoming a sorcerer?" He teased.

"No I'm not." I replied and explained everything to him.

"Seems like you've got a lot of drawing to do." He laughed "Take a break, let's go get food."

"Good idea." I replied and we left.

We arrived at the restaurant and took our seats on one of the tables in the corner of the restaurant. Moments later a waitress walked up to our table.

"Good evening. May I have your orders." She said

"I'll have the chef's special." I said

"Uh..I'll have the lasagna." Enrico said

"Will that be all?" She asked

"Actually...no" Enrico said with a smirk on his face. "What's your name?"

"I-Its Ivy,"

"I'm Enrico and might I add that you Ivy are very beautiful," he said and Ivy blushed.

"Thank you, uhh excuse me" she said and hurried off somewhere in the restaurant.

"You're such a flirt" I said laughing.

"I'm merely appreciating the fact that she's a beautiful creation." He replied.

"I'd like to see how you'd appreciate your mate," I teased.

"That's if she even exists."

"I have a feeling she does."

Some time later a different waiter brought our food and bill. Enrico and I spent the rest of the night having laughs.

~~~1 week later~~~

Enrico and I were in Cedric's basement waiting for midnight so I could finally after 12 long years redeem myself.
Cedric was giving me the do's and don'ts for the tenth time tonight.

"Are you even listening Armando?!" Cedric beckoned.

"Yes yes, I know what to do" I replied nonchalantly.

"Well then time to get ready,"

I was lying on my back on the floor with my eyes closed while Cedric stood over me chanting what I guessed was a spell in some ancient language as I drifted off into sleep.

I woke up in Cedric's basement, as 11 year old me. I went outside and found myself in the same forest as last time. I followed the howls and ended up in the same exact cave as last time.
The only difference was that this time I could see the barrier and the blazing gold eyes of my wolf behind it.

I closed my eyes and concentrated on the symbol I'd been learning for the past two weeks being placed on the barrier. Moments later, I heard shattering glass and I immediately opened my eyes....the barrier was broken, I was going to be okay.

I stared into the dark abyss of the cave contemplating whether to move ahead or go back. My deliberation was cut short when I heard a loud growl and in seconds I was on the ground staring deep into a pair of golden eyes and then I blacked out...

I shot up from the floor with my hand on my rapidly beating heart gasping for air.

"Armando breathe, you're back in the normal world." Enrico said  as I took a seat next to him on the couch.

"What time is it?" I asked

"It's 10 in the morning, like I mentioned earlier, the time here and there don't correspond." Cedric says walking into the room with a glass of whiskey in his hand.

"Take this," he said handing me the glass and I finished it in one go." You should probably rest,"

" I think so too,"

"Armando, look at me" Enrico said and I turned to look at him.

"Whoa!.. what the fuck!?" He said looking at me like I'd grown a second head.

"What?" I asked not quite understanding his shock.

"Your eyes, they're gold" he said and handed me a mirror.

"Wow!" I said staring at my reflection. My eyes were gold.

"Don't worry, it's normal" Cedric said "now go home and rest."

"Okay." I said and with that Enrico and I left for my house. When we arrived I went straight to my room and drifted off to sleep on my bed.