Chapter 13 - New ventures

It's been a week since I got my wolf back  and everything's been alright. I've got the speed,the smell, the hearing but I just don't have a connection to my wolf. Cedric said it'll take some time but I'm starting to get impatient.

"Earth to Armando" Enrico said snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"What?" I asked

"We're here, get your ass out of the car," he said getting out of the car. I took off my seatbelt and got out of the car.

"Mind telling me what we're doing at your cabin Enrico,"

"Experimental purposes,"

"What for?"

"Just to make sure you're 100%"

"Alright fine,"

"First things first, let's see how far you can run,"

"Uhh okay,"

"I'll find you at the top of the hill, adiós!" He said and immediately started running towards the hill.

"Hey not fair!" I shouted and also started up the hill. I was running so fast that the trees looked like blurs. After a good five minute run I was finally at the top of the hill and by the looks of it I was the first one.

"Took you long enough," Enrico said from behind me.

"What time did you get here?"

"About two minutes ago and it  seems like you took your precious time"

"Hey don't crucify me I'm still new to this remember"

"Whatever, moving on, do you remember this," he said holding a whistle in his hand.

"The whistle that doesn't make a sound, yeah I remember it"

"It does make a sound, just at a really low frequency, of which humans can't hear."

"Ok ok enough with the physics lesson just blow the damn thing,"

"If you say so" he put the whistle to his mouth to blow and let me tell you it was the most ear piercing sound I've ever heard. It lasted some seconds and it stopped.

"The hell?! My ears almost burst!" I said shooting Enrico a death glare.

"Thats good, now the next test."

~~~~~~~~

After a series of wolfsbane, mountain ash,speed,agility and other 'Experimental tests' we were in a boxing ring, in a gym in Enrico's cabin.

Enrico

"Ok so this is the last test. I wanna see how well you coordinate a fight with your wolf," I said

"I've done pretty good without one I'm sure I'll be better now just try not to get too hurt ay" Armando said chuckling.

"We'll see about that," I said and we started fighting. Armando was holding up pretty well so I threw a punch to his face and as expected he caught it and I hit him in the gut. He let go as he staggered back.

Let me join in!

A voice said inside my head

Not now Roman, patience. Soon enough.

Fine. Don't hog all the fun,

Sure.

"That all you got?" Armando asked as he swung his right arm at me but I caught it and twisted it behind his back.

"Actually, no. This fights about to get interesting." I said releasing his arm. He looked surprised when he turned to look at me.

"What?!" I asked with a smirk plastered on my face.

"I'm supposed to be fighting Enrico not you Roman," he said sounding upset.

"I'm just making things interesting. Don't tell me you're scared?"

"I'm not afraid of you."

"Then fight me."

"Fine."

The fight picked up again but Armando was too slow. I had him pinned to the mat with my hand on his throat and the other above his head.

"Tap out."

"No"

"It's over you've lost just accept defeat."

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"It's not over yet. I haven't had my fun." He opened his eyes and they were a bright gold. I didn't have time to register this as we started fighting again and this time we were evenly matched.

Ten minutes in and I was starting to get tired but I was still going strong.

"You're tired just give up." He told me his eyes still blazing gold.

"Never."

"Fine. Have it your way." I swung my arm at him but he caught it,turned me around and twisted my arm.

"Tap out." He growled

"Never." I choked out

He kicked me behind my knees and I dropped to the mat. He sat on my waist pushed my head to the mat with his feet as he pulled my arm towards him.

"Arghh fuck!!" I shouted the pain coursing through my body.

"Tap out." He growled

"No."

He twisted my arm more and twisted my wrist.

"Shit!! Alright fine you win!" I said through gritted teeth.

"Now get off me!" I beckoned and he got off my body. I sat up rubbing my wrist and Armando held out his hand to me. I grabbed it with my good hand and he pulled me to my feet.

"Good fight. I need some ice"I said tapping his shoulder

"Should we go another round?' he asked with a smirk on his face.

"No thanks, I think I've had enough for a day Armando." I said walking to the ropes of the ring. I stopped when I heard his deep chuckle.

"What's funny?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm not Armando. The names Ryker."

His Lost Soulजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें