Chapter 2

"They said-" my father began but I cut him short.

"Lemme guess, 'Its impossible to have an alpha that can't shift!, He's practically human!, He's weak!' " I said you could tell I was pissed by my tone.

"Figliolo, sappiamo entrambi che no puoi essere un alfa se non puoi cambiare. Come proteggerai I'll pacco?"( Son, we both know you can't be alpha  if you can't shift. How will you protect the pack?)

"I am more than capable and you know it. You've seen me train, Goddess above I can take on a wolf in any form." I retorted. I felt like beating the council just to make myself clear.

"They doubt you, Armando. They don't want to see this pack conquered. They said it would be best if Raul took over." My father spoke.

That struck a nerve and I stood up from my seat,walked over to my fathers desk and looked him dead in the eyes.

"And you doubt me too, don't you?" I asked.

"I never have, but the choice wasn't mine alone to make." He sounded defeated and I knew how stubborn the council was so I shut my eyes trying to control the anger that was threatening to spill over.

I opened them and finally spoke." Padre per favor dammi una possibilità a"(Father please give me a chance).

"The council's-"

"I know how stubborn the council is Dad. Non ti se mai arreso, quindi perché adesso?"( You've never given up, so why now).

"You have the rest of the year, altrimenti let decision del consoglio resta definitiva"(otherwise the decision of the council still stands.)

"Grazie." And with that I left his office and was headed for my room. I just wanted to be alone to think about all this. I entered my room and I saw Enrico laying on my bed like he owned it.

"Took you long enough" he said sitting up so his back leaned against the headboard. I shrugged and sat at the edge of the bed with my head in my hands.

"What happened?" Enrico asked.

"I don't want to talk about it right now."

"Suit yourself." I got up, walked to my closet and grabbed a leather jacket. I started heading towards the door.

"Where are you going?"

"To get some air, being here is suffocating."

"I'm coming with."he said getting off the bed.

"Enrico, I can take care of myself."

"I know that all too well, but I'm not letting you go alone, not in your state."

"Fine." We left the house, got into my car and I started driving

"Where to?" He asked

"A place where I like to think"