Chapter 10- Captive of the dark.

"Wait what?!" I said shocked

"You heard me right. There's wolfsbane in your blood.

"Cedric, you've gone mad. I would have died a long time ago."

"You would, if you had been a wolf."

"You know what, stop beating around the bush and explain all this."

"Well, you know wolfsbane is deadly poison for a wolf, even the smallest amount could be fatal."

"Ok, where is this going?"

"Ever heard of a locked wolf?"

"I've heard stories. Why?"

"I think that's what happened to you."

"That's impossible! I would be a mad man if that happened."

"You never had a strong connection to your wolf. You were still a pup and that's why you didn't run mad."

"Uhh ok but where does the wolfsbane fit in all this?"

"If my theory is correct, which I believe it is, I mean I'm never wrong when it comes-"

"Get to the point already."

"The witch's attack was meant to kill you and your wolf in the process because it contained substantial amounts of wolfsbane but as you know, the inner wolf does have a mind of its own and has the ability to lock itself either as a punishment or in your case a retaliation."

"That makes sense but wolfsbane is practically a poison for humans too, so care to explain how I'm still alive."

"It's all in the dosage. You were a pup so it didn't have to be that much. Technically it was enough to kill you but to a human, they'd probably be sick for a week or so."

"So that's why I got really sick after the attack."

"Exactly. Does it make sense now Armando?"

"Well most of it."

"Ask away"

"If the attack happened years ago, how come there's still wolfsbane in my system but I'm perfectly fine."

"That is a mystery I'm yet to solve."

"And how are you going to do that?"

"Come, I want to show you something." He said getting up and walking towards his desk.

I followed him and he opened what I'm guessing was some sort of spell book–journal and started flipping through until he found what he was looking for.

"See this?" he said pointing at a heading in the book.

"I can't quite read Latin you know."

"It's 'in tenebris' meaning into the dark."

"Okay, so what's it about?"

"It's more like a procedure to get into someone's mind."

"So you're going to get inside my head is what you're saying?"

"Me? No. You're going to look for your wolf and hopefully unlock it."

"So I'm going to play hide and seek,with my wolf, in my mind."

"If that's what you want to call it then yes though I prefer to say you'll be in another plane of existence, more like uh the fourth dimension."

"Let's just get this over with."

"Lie down on the sofa and close your eyes." I walked to the sofa and did as he told me.

"Ok now I need you to relax,clear your mind and just concentrate on what I'm saying."

"Got it."

He started saying some stuff in what I figured out was Latin and gave up trying to understand what the hell he was saying and just relaxed and all of a sudden I drifted off into sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~
When I woke up, I was still in Cedric's lab but this time I was alone. For some reason I felt different, I don't know why but I just did.

I heard some noise coming from outside and decided to follow it. I was walking through the living room when I saw my reflection in the mirror and stopped walking.

It's me...but younger? Alot younger... I practically look like I'm an eleven year old!! But why-

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard a howl coming from outside. I rushed to the door and when I opened it, I was completely surrounded by trees, almost as if I were in a forest.

Okay this is getting more unusual by the second, I better find that wolf and fast. But how-

There it was again. That howl. I followed the continuous howling and ended up deep in the forest in front of a dark cave.

I was hesitant to go in at first but after some pep talk and more howling I went in. The howling only got louder as I ventured deeper until my body froze when I looked at two glowing lights Infront of me.
They looked like fireflies but I knew those weren't fireflies. Those were a wolfs eyes. My wolf's eyes.

I could hear shackles shaking around coming from the wolf's side of the cave and I immediately rushed over but my body froze and I dropped to the floor when my body hit some kind of wall.

I tried to move forward again and again but the freaking barrier wouldn't budge. I started running towards it but stopped dead in my tracks mid way when the barrier started glowing and right in the centre was some kind of Chinese writing.

I got up and walked towards the glowing wall and stretched out my hand to touch it and when I did I felt a burning sensation and it wasn't burning my hand. On the contrary, the tingly feeling felt normal?

Suddenly I started to feel dizzy, my vision blurred and I fell to the floor unconscious.

~~~~~~~~~~