Chapter 7

Enrico had left after the movie, Melanie was spending the night over and I didn't even want to know where Raul had gone. I was in my room on my bed staring at the ceiling. I was so engrossed in my thoughts I didn't hear viola enter until she was staring down at me with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Do I have to get you a hearing aid for you to hear me?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I've been calling you for the past five minutes, it's dinner time."

"You can go ahead without me, I'm not hungry"

"I don't think that's a good idea"

"Viola please I said I'm not hungry"

She raised her hands in a manner of defeat. "Fine, have it your way but mom won't hear this"

"Just tell her I'm really exhausted and I've passed out.",

"Your wish is my command." She bowed and left my room. I got off the bed took off my shirt,changed into sweatpants and buried myself under my covers.

I was about to fall asleep when my door swung open and closed with a loud bang.

"Armando Dante De Niro! You will come down to dinner this instant!"
I didn't move.

"Armando you're not sleeping, get up or I'll drag you down myself."
I still didn't move.

"Fine. Have it your way then." I heard footsteps and next thing I know she pulled the covers off me and slapped the back of my head.

"Ouch! Mom that hurt!" I said as I sat up rubbing the back of my head.

"It's not very nice to miss dinner with your family" she said putting her hands on her hips.

"I was really tired so I passed out and I'm not hungry."

"When will you learn you can't lie to me." She came and sat next to me." Will you tell me what's bothering you?"

"It's nothing mom."

"It's concerns what the council discussed isn't it?"

I took a deep breath deciding it was pointless to continue lieing to my mother.

"Yeah, it kinda got me upset and honestly I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm defeated."
She slapped the back of my head and I winced at the pain.

"Never say that again. You're a smart boy and I know you'll figure this out, after all you are  very special ."

"I don't see how I'm special if I'm human?"

"You are very special,to me,to your father,our family and the pack. You'll believe me when you realise it." She kissed my forehead and walked towards the door.

"Get some rest and this is the first and last time I'm letting you miss dinner." She said and closed the door behind her. I buried myself under the covers.

Armando Dante De Niro. Special. I'm going to get through this. I will be Alpha. With or without my wolf.

And with that little pep talk I fell asleep.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Well I better get to work on the next chapter. Let me know what you think of the story so far.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share❤️.

~Grattatino~🥀✨