Chapter 14

Savio

"My team is done testing the new security system and will have it up and running in a week's time." George, the Gamma of my pack informed us.

"Alright. Is there anything else we have to discuss before I end this meeting?" I asked the six other men who belonged to my council.

"There is one issue." Hugo spoke up.

"And what might that be?" Pablo, my Beta asked.

"The induction of Raul as alpha of this pack." Hugo replied.
"As we all know it's time to pass on the responsibility."

"And we all know that this is an issue we have ignored for quite a while in hopes that Armando will somehow fix himself but we've waited enough. Raul is old enough to be alpha, so I agree with Hugo." Marcus spoke.

"I have heard your opinions and I agree. It is time to handover the pack and it's responsibilities to a fresh mind and I have no problem with that but Armando will be inducted as alpha, wolf or no wolf." I said blankly.

"With all due respect Alpha De Niro, but inducting Armando as alpha would be like signing our own death note. What happens when those power hungry alpha's hear about his condition? He wouldn't stand a chance." Javier said.

"That's impossible. I've seen him train, he's capable of fighting a wolf on his own." Pablo replied.

"But for how long will he be able to keep up? You're not thinking logically. Raul is a great warrior, he can be a good leader and goddess above he was born an Alpha!" Angelo said in a raised voice.

"That's enough!" I said banging my fist on my desk. " I have heard enough of your insulting opinions towards my son. It is my decision as to whom will be titled alpha and you cannot question my decision!"

"Actually, we can. Seeing as we are your council and our duty is to hold you accountable and we will do just that." Hugo stated matter-of-factly.

"By a show of hands, all in favour of the induction of Raul as Alpha." Angelo said and I watched as Himself, Hugo, Javier and Marcus raised their hands.

"The votes have been tallied, it's four against three. You know what that means Alpha Savio." Marcus said.

" This meeting is dismissed, all of you can leave." I said trying to contain my anger and I watched them as they left leaving me in my office alone.

I hit the table once more and it made a loud banging sound. Then my office door opened and Elaine,my wife and mate, walked in.

"I'm guessing it didn't go so well," she said and I stood up to hug her.

"I tried my best. I don't know how Armando's going to handle this," I say pulling away from the hug.

"I'll call him over for dinner," she said kissing my cheek before walking away.

*******
Armando

"Hey Armando can you get me tickets to the Timberwolves game?" Viola asked me as we were reclining in the living room after a family dinner.

"It's not on a school day is it?" I asked and she smiled slyly. "Viola," I warned.

" It's not! It's on a Saturday. Look it up if you want," she replied nonchalantly.

"Alright. I believe you. I'll have them sent over," I say and she squeals excitedly and hugs me.

" Grazie mille," she says still hugging me and I hug her back.

"Armando. Can I talk to you in my study?" Dad says walking into the room.

"Sure," I say getting up from the sofa and following him into his study.
We sat opposite each other at his desk.

"Yes Dad, you wanted to talk?"

"I had a meeting with the council today," he starts to say

"And?" I say urging him to continue

"A discussion came up concerning your induction as Alpha,"

"Let me guess, they want Raul instead?"

"They do. Votes were taken and they chose him. My hands are tied at this point, I don't know if there's anything I can do," he says calmly.

"I bet I can change the their minds," Ryker says taking control. My father was caught in awe and his eyes filled with joy and hope.

"Your eyes? You can... you're.... How long have you been able to do this?" He asked with excitement evident in his voice.

"We'll talk about that later. I want to meet the council tomorrow."