Chapter 16

A week later

INDUCTION DAY

I was in my room getting ready for what will be the biggest night of my life.
Me becoming Alpha.
I was pulled from my thoughts by a knock on my door.

"Come in," I said and in walked my father.

"How are you feeling son?" He asked

"I'm a little nervous to be honest," I replied.

"I'm sure you'll do fine. You've been preparing for this and I'm proud that you've made it this far. I'm confident thia pack is going into safe hands," he says giving my shoulder a squeeze.

"Thanks Dad, that's encouraging,"

"I'm only stating facts. Are you going with the gloves on?" He asked and I looked down at my gloved hands, took a deep breath and took them off.

"No. Not from today onwards," I say putting them on my dresser.

"Best of luck Alpha Armando." He says patting my shoulder before leaving the room. As soon as he was gone, Enrico walked in.

"Alpha Armando," he said with a slight smile

"Beta Enrico," I responded returning the smile.

"It's time to go," he says and I take one last deep breath to gather all my confidence.

"Let's get this done."

*********

Silence filled the air as I stood with my beta and gamma by my side in front of the entire pack. I felt a surge of pride seeing as I would soon be their leader, their protector, their uprising or their downfall.

Cedric stepped up in front of us to face the entire pack as he spoke.
"Crescent pack members! It is a great honor to welcome all of you to witness this magnanimous event. The abdication of leadership from the elderly to the young. I'd like to thank the outgoing leaders for their excellence and to our new leaders, I hope you emulate your predecessors actions and ensure the survival of this pack. May I ask that the council step forward so we may begin," he said lastly and all the council members emerged from the crowd and stood to the side so they weren't blocking our view.

"Trey Weston. Step to the front," he said and trey walked over to where Cedric stood. In the very spot all inductions are carried out.
"Council members!" He called out. "Before you stands Trey Weston. Son of Gamma George Weston. Do you accept him as the new gamma of this pack?" Cedric asked and they all agreed one by one to his induction.

Gamma George stepped up to trey with a blade in his hand. Trey held out his right hand and George dragged the blade across Trey's palm deep enough to draw blood. Cedric read out the creed to which Trey responded all while his blood dripped onto the pack land. A sign of allegiance. When he was done Trey walked back to where we stood and I could see the pride in his demeanor.

"Enrico Delmonte. Step to the front." Cedric called out. The same thing happened to Enrico and Beta Pablo was beaming with pride as Enrico responded to the creed.He stepped back into his place at my side when he was done.

"Armando De Niro. Step to the front." Cedric called out.
"Council members! Before you stands Armando De Niro. Son of Alpha Savior De Niro. Do you accept him as the new Alpha of this pack?" He asked and all but had accepted except Angelo. He seemed to take his time before finally speaking.

"I accept him." He says gruffly and My father takes the blade and slices my palm open. I watch the blood trickle to the ground. The ground that I, on this day swear to protect until my dying breath. Cedric reads out the creed and I respond.
When I'm done and walk back to my former position in between Enrico and Trey, Cedric turns to face the pack members who have been watching in silence.

"Crescent pack members! I present to you. Gamma Trey Weston. Beta Enrico Delmonte and Alpha Armando De Niro!" He says and the entire pack begins to cheer.

"Only one thing left to do now," I say to Enrico and Trey. We all turn out backs towards the pack and shift into our wolves as we lead the pack into a midnight run.