Chapter 15

I was seated at the opposite end of the table in the meeting room with the council members seated around it.

"And to what do owe the honour of this emergency meeting?" Angelo asked once everyone was settled.

"I'd like us to discuss the rash decision you made yesterday regarding the induction of a new Alpha," I replied.

"Ah! It's good you're here so savior won't have to break the news to you alone." Angelo replied.

"Actually, he did inform me of the change and I'd like to hear the reason behind my substitution for my brother,"

"Well firstly, you can not shift. That stems a major problem." Hugo put out.

"Are there any other?" I questioned and silence fell upon the room. " So the only problem here is that I can't shift. Am I right?" I asked.

"Correct." Javier said.

"Armando get straight to the point. What's this meeting really about?" Marcus spoke.

"I'd like to let you all know that I will be inducted as Alpha of this pack seeing as  I am perfectly capable of shifting thus all reasons not to do so are futile."

"That's preposterous!" Angelo let out.
" Prove it." He challenged and I could feel my canines extending as Ryker took control.

"I. Do. Not. Lie. Angelo." Ryker seethed " This enough proof for you?" He snarled staring deadly at everyone in the room.
My father had a proud smirk on his face as everyone else was in shock at the sight before them and the authority in my voice.

"I don't know how or when you were able to do this but now that you can I believe you should be Alpha." Javier said.

"We'll have to vote if that's the case." Angelo countered.

"I have no problem with that. All in favor?" Ryker says and everyone but Angelo raises their hands after which he frustratingly raised his and I smirked.

*********

2 weeks later

The week before induction.
Viola, Melanie, Enrico and I were at a food court after the Timberwolves game.

" I told you the Timberwolves would win," Viola says mocking Enrico.

"Please! They just got lucky. They wouldn't stand a chance against the Celtics." He retorted.

"In your dreams. We have Carl towns and D'Angelo Russell. You'd be child's play," she replied

"Okay! Can both of you stop arguing and enjoy your food" I said tired of their argument.

"This food is amazing!" Melanie praises taking a bite of her food.

******

We were walking out to the parking lot after getting ice cream when my phone buzzed.

"Yes Cedric," I said answering his call.

"Where are you?" He asked sounding distraught.

"I'm in town. Is anything wrong?"

"I need you back here right now. I have something to show you." He replied and I was caught in shock.

"What's going on?" I asked feeling nervous.

"I'll explain everything when you get here." He says and cuts the call.

"Is everything okay?" Enrico asks

"We have to get to Cedric's. Fast."

I drove quickly to the pack lands and dropped off the girls at home before heading to Cedric with Enrico.

"I'm here now. What's going on?" I asked

"How have you been the past few weeks?" He asks calmly.

"Excuse me? Are you being serious right now" I said a little exasperated.

"I'm dead serious. Answer the question."

"I've been fine."

"Notice anything new or weird happen lately?" He quizzed.

"No."

"Have you shifted yet?"

"I haven't been able to."

"What's with the interrogation Cedric?" Enrico asked.

"I came onto something a few days back and if my observations are accurate then I'm going to have to teach Armando a few things." He replied

"This isn't making any sense you know," I say.

"Let me demonstrate. Armando get up and stand in front of the fireplace" Cedric ordered and I did as told.

"Okay, now what?"

"I'm going to help you shift. Now close your eyes and repeat after me."

"Okay." I closed my eyes and repeated Cedric's words three times even though I didn't know what the heck I was saying. I started to hear Ryker growling, wanting to take all control.

"What do you feel?" Cedric asked

"I feel him. He wants all control," I said a little strained trying to keep control.

"Don't fight it. Let him take over. Relax and just trust him." Cedric said and I took a deep breath and stopped fighting him. For a moment, everything was silent and then I felt a sharp pain run up my spine that brought me to my knees, the pain continued as my bones rearranged themselves and I realized this was it. I was shifting.

" Open your eyes" I heard Cedric say. The pain had finally stopped. I opened my eyes and everything was so clear, I could see the dust floating in the air,I felt this power within me, I could smell all the different scents in the room but one caught me off guard.
Smoke.
The logs in the fireplace had been burnt.

"What in the?" Enrico said awestruck

"I guess my observations were correct about you." Cedric said with a smirk
"We have a lot of work to do."