Chapter Seventeen

A/N Hi! I would have updated earlier this week, but almost half of my colleagues are sick, so I've worked 60+ hours this week already, and I have 20 more during the weekend, so this is the last update of the week.

Waking up is horrible. Well, not the waking-up-part, but more so the remembering-that-Harry-and-he-aren't-on-speaking-terms-part.

That results in Louis sulking in bed all of Sunday, only interrupted by a few snack-breaks and Zayn trying to be helpful or unsuccessfully attempting to cheer him up.

"You could go to his apartment maybe?" But even Zayn himself doesn't sound like he believes that is a good idea, and Louis agrees, mumbling from the cocoon he has made out of his duvet. "I really don't think he wants to see me. Besides, I'm not trying to get a restraining order."

It was supposed to be a joke, but it comes out a bit more pitiful than intended, resulting in a sympathetic look from Zayn.

And so, Louis ends up spending the rest of the day on the couch or in bed, very well knowing that he has to go to work tomorrow, photographing for yet another campaign, and he is praying Harry is there and willing to talk.

***

Waking up Monday isn't any more fun, but at least the day carries a promise of possible redemption between Harry and him, as the two of them are contractually obligated to date, so Harry can't avoid him forever.

Well yeah, he probably could, but Louis is trying to be a bit optimistic. It's not going well, and his playlist 'depresso-expresso' isn't exactly lifting his mood, but it's the only thing he can bear listening to, as he lets himself wallow in a pond of self-pity on his way to work, Zayn looking slightly worried in the driver's seat, but letting Louis have his dramatic moment none the less.

As they arrive in the parking lot, Louis is suddenly overwhelmed with nerves, and for a minute he contemplates not leaving the car in favor of just waiting here until Zayn is done working. But then he sees Harry in the other end of the parking lot, and a feeling of urgency replaces his nerves, Louis almost stumbling out of the car before he is half-way sprinting across the parking lot to catch up with Harry, nearly getting hit by a car in his hurry.

As Louis reaches Harry, he realizes that he has no idea what to say and when Harry turns around to face him, Louis is distracted by the tired look on his face that immediately morphs into something colder, as Harry realizes it was Louis who chased him.

"Harry", Louis breathes, but his presence doesn't provoke even the smallest reaction from Harry, so Louis continues, fumbling for the right words to say. "I'm so so sorry. I didn't -".

Aaaand, Harry is walking away. As Louis looks up from his writhing hands, he realizes that Harry has once again turned his back, already a few steps away which leaves Louis breathless, in a way that feels as if the air has been sucked out of his chest.

***

It doesn't get better for the next few hours, as Harry punctually avoids even eye contact with Louis, barely acknowledging his presence, safe for the fact that Harry is forced to look into the camera once in a while, and Louis pretends that Harry is looking at him then, as he tries his best to power through the day that's only getting worse.

They're doing campaign work for everyday wear today, but Louis is still overwhelmed with how good Harry manages to make everything look, and he has to physically stop himself from complimenting Harry every time they're within the same vicinity, very well-knowing that Harry would not appreciate it at the moment.

They're given several weird looks from other people on the set throughout the first part of the shoot, and Louis can't really blame them, as him and Harry has been a very public couple - and most of their coworkers doesn't know that their relationship not real, so the awkwardness weighing heavy in the room is felt by everyone. Which is probably the reason for Harry's manager pulling them aside during lunch - which is the closest they've been all morning - and reprimanding them for their behavior in a low hissing voice, as if they're kids being scolded by their mom at a family gathering.