Chapter Twenty-One

A/N As of yesterday, I'm fully vaccinated. Yay! 

Besides, I work reasonable hours this week so I expect to have more time for writing. 

Since their first real date, Harry and Louis has been basically inseparable, one or the other staying over most nights, and the two of them constantly close when they're at work.

Mysteriously, the marks on Harry's neck and chest - and the few on his thighs - never seem to fade before new ones have replaced them, and Louis honestly thinks he's doing a pretty good job of making sure everybody knows that Harry is off limit. Louis himself constantly sports a line of love bites behind his ear, as that is Harry's favorite place apart from the more private areas.

Harry's manager seems to think they're doing a great job of 'dating' too, and he pulled them aside for a short praise during a break at work.

"Really good touch with the love bites, guys. Especially after last week's shenanigans and bad press." Louis and Harry send each other a knowing look at the words, Harry mouthing 'Yeah, nice touch", when his manager is looking away for a second.

"But for the love of god", he continues, as he looks back at the giddy boys in front of him, "Do not get caught with whoever actually made those marks. And that goes for both of you", Harry's manager adds, turning to Louis. "You're being paid for seeming like a couple, alright".

Harry and Louis nods, both fighting to hide their smiles, and finally Harry's manager leaves them alone. As soon as he is out of earshot, Harry turns around, grabs Louis' ass and murmurs in a pretended indignant tone, "How come you still get money for dating me when I get nothing?".

Louis shrugs, keeping his face serious. "Well, you do get the incredibly positive media coverage for dating someone as hot as me" and Harry immediately rolls his eyes, pulling Louis closer by his bum, so their fronts are pressed together when Louis continues.

"And secondly, so I can spoil you".

Harry looks down at him skeptically, his arms wound tight around Louis' waist. "So, what you're saying is that I'm your sugar baby?"

"Obviously," Louis hums as Harry scoffs in front of him, and Louis thinks that he has gotten the last word for once when Harry lets go of him, turning around to rejoin the other models on set. Then he looks over his shoulder for a second, a smirk covering his face. "Well alright then, daddy. Spoil me." With a wink, Harry turns away completely, and Louis is left with his heart beating slightly too fast and a lump in his throat that doesn't disappear no matter how many times he swallows.

Dammit, if Harry isn't very well aware of his effect on Louis, and if they weren't at their workplace, Louis would grab the model by the throat and drag him to the nearest bathroom instantly. Then they could see about Harry getting the last word, but at last, now isn't the time and Louis controls himself.

***

They have a public date Friday night, and Harry and Louis part after work, each going to their own place to get ready, Louis realizing this is probably the longest they've been apart all week, and Louis knows he's in too deep when he finds himself sulking a bit at Harry's absence.

It doesn't help that Zayn and Liam are currently cuddled up on the couch being all disgusting and lovey-dovey. They're going out with Harry and Louis tonight at a bar that Harry's manager picked, not giving them a choice after the last not-so-successful-grocery-store-date.

There's about two hours until they are leaving, and Louis fiddles about the apartment for a bit, contemplating whether or not to send a picture of tonight's outfit to Harry and deciding that isn't necessary. He takes a shower, gets dressed, does his hair, and then tries to pass time by scrolling Twitter, but his thoughts are constantly diverted to Harry despite the current lack of articles about them on his feed.