1.

Y/n). A girl with (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes. She had an average job with a pay just above minimum wage. She lived in her childhood home, gifted to her by her parents. It could get pretty lonely there, seeing as she was 24.

(Y/n) didn't exactly mind being lonely, but after a while it got old. The same routine every day. Wake up, eat, work, sleep, repeat.

That was exactly the reason why she was walking to a pet store. Her plan was to adopt a cat. Hopefully it wouldn't be the gate way to her becoming a cat lady. You never know, it might happen.

She stops just in front of the store. It was a local store, with large windows in the front and different displays. The (h/c) haired girl figured this would be cheaper than some of the more known pet stores.

When she pushes the door open, a little bell tinkles, alerting the workers of her presence. A mother with two children was holding a cute little puppy, it's tail wagging rapidly as it slurped one of the children's faces.

The interior was simple yet welcoming. Mostly warm yellows and whites. The counter was directly in front of her, where an employee and an old man were arguing. He differently didn't belong there. He stuck out like a sore thumb.

His hair was perfectly gelled, combed to perfection. He was clad in a black suit with shiny shoes. His rough voice echoed throughout the store.

"No, you listen to me," the man says. He was attempting to be quiet but (Y/n) could tell he was a naturally loud person.

"I- I'm sorry, sir. We just don't have enough room for seven cats.. on such short notice too"

"Fine! I'll take them to a shelter then," he slams his hand down on the counter, causing the employee to flinch. He picks up a big cardboard box and turns around, bumping into (Y/n) in the process.

Giving her a glare, he huffs. "Watch where you're going, woman."

"You can't just take them to a shelter," she blurts out, trying to peek into the box. Inside were seven small, fragile looking cats, cowering next to each other.

"And why not?"

"They'll kill them!"

"I don't give a damn. I was ordered to get rid of them. That's my job and I will complete it."

Looking around frantically, (Y/n) desperately searches for a solution. Without thinking about it, she grabs the box from him and shoots him a determined look. "I'll take them, then. You're not taking these adorable babies to be killed!" She wasn't just going to stand here and let him slaughter these animals.

The man just nods, walking out. She blinks. That was odd...

Mindlessly, she walks back to her home, lost in thought. Then it hits her. (Y/n) looks down at her responsibility. More specifically, her seven responsibilities.

Once she got home, she sets the box down on the floor in the middle of her living room. She places down a pillow and sits next to the box.

Peering inside, she takes a look at the cats. An orange one stood up on its hind paws and attempted to hop out of the box. It meowed at her and raised one of its paws as if reaching for her.

(Y/n) picks it up and it immediately jumps out of her hands and scrambles off, it's claws skidding on the floor and making little clicking sounds. "Jeez..."

She picks up a brown one and it stares at her blankly.  Around it's neck was a worn and grimy collar. Picking up the tag, she turns it over so she can read it. "Tate... is that your name?" She rubs the top of its head and it purrs.