16.

(Y/n) woke up the next morning, her arms feeling like lead. When she opened her eyes, she realized why. Tate and Fox were using them as pillows.

Sami walked in, smiling at the sight. "Morning," he says. "Breakfast is ready. Oh, and there's a package for you on the table."

She furrows her eyebrows in thought. She didn't remember ordering anything... Fox woke up and rubbed his eyes, sitting forward. Tate rolled over, not ready to wake up yet, and snuggled into the blanket.

The human got up and wrinkled her nose as she realized she fell asleep in her day clothes. She grabs some clean ones and heads to the shower, cleaning herself off quickly and getting dressed before joining everyone at the table.

Most of them were half asleep, with only Sami, Fox, and Wesley being fully awake. A little cardboard box was sitting in her place, identical to the one she received yesterday.

After scarfing down some breakfast, she takes the box into her room and tears it open. Just like before, a little slip of paper falls out, this time with the letter W on it. This time, however, she noticed a little number 3 in the corner.

Quickly, she opens her bedside drawer and pulls out the other slip of paper. She turns it over and looks on the same corner, finding a little number 1 she didn't notice before.

Thoroughly confused, she puts the slips of paper into one of the boxes and throws the other one in her closet. After putting the box containing the papers safely back into her drawer, she rejoins the boys out in the living room.

There weren't exactly enough seats in the living room, but they made it work. Wesley was sitting in his chair, blanket held around his shoulders for comfort as The Haunting Hour played on tv. Yeah, it was a show for kids, but it was still pretty scary to him. (If you watched this as a kid, then you are superior and probably really enjoy horror movies now. Anyone else?)

Fox was laying across the back of the couch, tail swishing in the air as he swung his feet back and forth. Max was sitting on one end of the couch, arms crossed as he watched the tv with his ears back. (He would never admit it, but he hated scary things). There was an empty seat beside him and on other other side of the couch at Thatcher, who was laughing and pointing out the stupid flaws with the show.

Sami was sitting in the floor, back leaning against the part of the couch nobody was sitting in. Tate was laying on the floor with his head in Sami's lap, ears twitching every time a spooky noise was made. Spencer was asleep, his head on the part of Sami's lap that was free. The motherly boy had both his hands on their heads, playing with their hair as he comforted them (though he secretly wished someone would comfort him. Especially during this scary stupid show)

Careful not to step on anybody, the human made her way to the empty spot on the couch, brushing off Thatcher's attempt to put his arm around her. She placed her legs so that Sami didn't have to move, and ruffled his hair a little.

Max secretly grabs her hand, squeezing it slightly as he watched the tv. (Y/n) looked at him confused before giving a knowing smile. Max acted so tough but he honestly just a big softie.

The episode was the one about the doll that tried to become human. As the show got towards the climax, Sami ended up hiding his face in (Y/n)'s knee and Max practically strangled her hand.

Thatcher scoffed once it was over. "Well, that was stupid. Let's watch something actually scary. It is October, after all."

The human laughed. "During the middle of the day? Nah, you have to watch those at night," she says, prying her numb hand loose.