17.

Thatcher, Sami, Max, Wesley, and (Y/n) all piled into the living room after dinner was finished and popcorn was made. Well, they had a couple issues before they even got to start the movie.

The first issue was the seating arrangement. They were arguing over who got to sit next to (Y/n) and who got the couch since there was only room for three people. Or four if you sat like Fox did.

(Y/n) ended up sitting in the middle. Wesley was laying across the back of the couch, using the wall for support. It was actually quite comfortable. Thatcher was sitting on the floor (MUCH to his dismay) but he retaliated by sitting in front of (Y/n), placing her legs over his shoulders, and leaning his face against her knee. Max was sitting on her left, rather closely might I add, with Sami on her right.

The second issue was the movie. They all couldn't decide which scary movie to watch. So, they decided to watch this movie called.. well, (Y/n) couldn't actually remember the name of it, despite having seen it a million times. It was like The Exorcism of.. some woman's name. Whatever. Point is, it was scary.

(Y/n) didn't say anything because she didn't want to cause an hour long debate over a movie. Plus, she could relax and enjoy watching their reactions to the movie.

The third and final issue was the distribution of popcorn. Eventually, (Y/n) just grabbed the bowl and placed it in her lap since she was sitting in the middle of everyone.

Eventually, everyone settled down with their blankets and drinks, and the movie started.

Immediately, Max hated it. It was in a morgue at night. No thank you. No uh. Buh bye.

He tried to zone out but the movie captured his interest like a moth drawn to a flame.

When the weird dead lady appeared, Max grabbed the humans hand and Sami shifted closer to her side. Thatcher pretended to not be scared, but he kind of was. Wesley was watching with interest, swinging his feet back and forth. So far, he was the bravest out of all of them.

When the demon lady who was supposed to be dead starting walking around and disappearing, Max cowered into her side, only calming down when he felt her arm go around him. She had to do the same thing with Sami.

Eventually, the room was filled with screams and popcorn went everywhere. Thatcher was now in her lap, latched onto her as jump scare after jump scare happened. Wesley flinched a little but overall he was okay.

(Y/n) was just chuckling evilly as they were all terrified for their lives. The movie ended and the three scaredy cats (haha I'm funny) remained latched onto the human.

"Well, that was stupid," Wesley says, climbing down. "Not very realistic. It was a good movie though!" He grins cheerfully and heads off to his room.

Thatcher crawls off her and clears his throat. "Um.. that was.. yeah, that was scary," he lets out a nervous chuckle.

"Never again," Max mumbles as he shakily stands up.

Sami was silent. Poor boy would probably have nightmares.

(Y/n) got up and yawned. "I'm tired. Sami, you think you're gonna sleep tonight?"

He smiles and nods, thanking the world it was his night to sleep with (Y/n) and he didn't have to sleep alone.

(Y/n) went to the front porch to turn the lights off and ended up kicking something. She frowns and looks down, seeing another box.

Something was definitely going on.. maybe it was just a stupid Halloween prank...?

A part of her highly doubted it.

"Hey, Sami?"

"Yeah?" He answered from inside.

"Head to my room. I need to show you something."

"Okay..?"

Max huffs and goes to the laundry room, leaving the light on. Thatcher goes to his futon as well, huddling under the covers. Sami followed directions and waited in the middle of her bed.

The human walked in and handed him the box, pulling the other one out of the drawer it was hidden in.

"Open it," she says, pulling out the two slips of paper.

Sami complies and rips open the box, pulling out another identical paper. On it was the letter T with the number 5 written on it. "That's weird."

"Yeah. These two were delivered the same way. What do you think it means?"

"Not sure.."

"It's probably just a prank, anyway."

"I hope so," she says, putting the slips of paper away. "Otherwise... this is kind of terrifying," she lets out a nervous laugh.

Sami yawns, his ears flattening. "I'm sleepy," he says, moving closer on his knees and putting his arms around her neck. "But I'm scared to sleep."

The human grins and wraps her arms around him, petting his head and making him purr. "Don't worry, Sam," she falls backward, smiling as she hears him giggle as he lands on her. "I'll protect you from the scary monsters."

He rolls off her and grins, nuzzling into her arms and wrapping his tail around her leg. "Will you really?" He wasn't used to having someone protect him.

"Yup! All night long."

"Prom-... promise," he says through a yawn.

"I promise," she says, kissing his forehead.

"Hmm.. (Y/n)?" He sounded half asleep at this point.

"Yes?"

"I love... I lov.." his voice grew to a whisper then died out.

"You love?"

It was silent for a moment before she realized that he had fallen asleep. Sweet baby...