20.

Sami remained seated at the table for quite a while. Thatcher eventually joined him, both of them sitting in silence for a while.

"I.." Sami starts to say, pausing to swallow a lump in his throat. Instead of attempting to speak again, he just pushes the piece of paper he had used to crack the code towards Thatcher.

The other male picked it up and frowned down at it, raising an eyebrow towards Sami.

"What's this?"

"We've been getting boxes everyday.. a-and the little slips of paper.. w-well t-they-"

"I get it." Thatcher tosses the paper back on the table and glared at it, his eyebrows pulled close.

"It couldn't possibly be... him.."

Sami snapped his head up toward the dark haired neko. "Thatcher! Of course not! He wouldn't.. (Y/n) told him.."

"He liked to play mind games like this.."

"That's the obvious answer, isn't it?" A voice says from the other side of the kitchen.

The two jump and look over to see Wesley standing there, a book tucked under his arm.

Sami sighs in relief. "This conversation isn't for you, Wes."

"I'm smarter than you two think. I've noticed how worried you and (Y/n) have been lately. Is it because of the packages we've been getting?"

Thatcher clicks his tongue. "You're too observant.."

Sami sighs again. "Yeah, it is.."

Wesley pads forward and climbs into the kitchen chair. "Well it's obviously not Him."

"How so?" Thatcher asks skeptically, leaning back in his chair.

"He's the most obvious answer. He wouldn't use something so obvious. It's most likely someone we know well or don't know at all."

The other two contemplate the thought. Sami opens his mouth to speak, but at that moment, the door opens.

Rushed footsteps echoed down the hall as the others came to greet (Y/n).

The human smiles as they all swarm around her. She gives them head pats and hugs until they are satisfied.

Tate stayed by her side, holding her hand.

The human made her way into the kitchen, instantly feeling the gloomy atmosphere.

Tate felt it too. He squeezed (Y/n)'s hand a little.

"What's up, guys?"

Wesley averts his eyes and stares down at the table. Thatcher gives a pointed glance at Tate.

She catches the drift and turns to Tate. "Wanna do me a favor?"

He nods, a little sparkle in his eyes.

"Will you give me a minute to talk with them? Then after I'll give you extra affection."

He contemplates that for a second before pouting.

"Just a couple minutes?"

"Okay.." he gives her a sweet little smile.

Her heart melts and she leans down to give him a kiss on the forehead.

A little blush coats his cheeks and he looked relatively happy as he bounced off, mostly likely in the direction of her room.

Sami got up and grabbed the piece of paper, walking over and handing it to (Y/n).

She stared at the for a second, noticing how it quivered slightly from Sami's shaky fingers.

She took the paper and read it. It took a few seconds for it to click in.

"Well.. shit," she bites her thumb nail, wracking her brain for any inkling of who might have done this.

Thatcher crosses his arms. "Wesley said it couldn't be.. him."

Wesley nods in agreement. "Yup."

"Yeah, that makes sense.. so then... who?"

Everyone fell silent. Did someone else know about their secret? Impossible. The only people who knew were members of her family.

But then, there was the staff..

And any passersby.

And anyone her dad let see them before they ran away.

This was bad...

"I say we keep this quiet for a little while longer.. there's no need to scare the others if this is all that happens.." she says.

Thatcher and Sami nod in agreement. Wesley was too preoccupied with his thoughts to pay attention to the conversation.

"Good. Now let's put this away and try to forget about it for a while.."

>~•~<

"There. Better?" Ollie says, stepping back once he finished putting a bandage over James' wound.

James nods and rolls his neck. "Thanks, Ollie," he says, looking away with a slight reddish tint to his cheeks.

Ollie grins, giving him a closed eye smile. "You're welcome!"

James, being the tsundere he is, pushes Ollie's face away, ignoring how cute it is.

Ollie pouts. "How rude," he teases, crossing his arms and turning his cheek.

James chuckles. "Aww, poor baby. Gonna pout now?"

He huffs, turning his back to James.

The other male grins and stands, wrapping his arms around Ollie's middle. "Don't ignore me~"

Ollie blushes and mock glares at him the best he could.

"Ooo, scary!" James grins and picked the smaller male up, laughing as he shrieks.

"James!" His laughter fills the room. "Put me down!"

"Nope!" James takes off at a run, Ollie shrieking and laughing as they almost run into many people.

"I hate youuu!!"

"HA! Love you too!~"

>~•~<

"Really? Great. Are you sure it's okay? Great. Thanks. You're a life saver. Yeah, yeah. Love you too. Bye."

A sigh was heard. Thin lips turn up into a gruesome smile.

"What a stupid bitch."