𝟑.

𝙸𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚒 𝙱𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚕y
𝙾𝚛𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚘, 𝙵𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊
➪𝙾𝙼𝙽𝙸𝚂𝙲𝙸𝙴𝙽𝚃

𝙸𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚒 𝙱𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚕y𝙾𝚛𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚘, 𝙵𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊➪𝙾𝙼𝙽𝙸𝚂𝙲𝙸𝙴𝙽𝚃

𝙞𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙞 ➪ (𝙞-𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙮)

"We're closed" Imani says as she hears the doors close from the entrance of the C.R. Chicks. "Girl now why is you lying?" She knew the voice sounded familiar but she couldn't put a face to it.

She looked up and instantly ran from behind the counter. "Bestieeee!" Imani dragged and jumped on poppa, her long term best friend, She made sure to wrap her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck for support.

"Girl get off me, thank ya." poopa said as he pulled her off him. "What are you doing here?" Imani asked, she hasn't seen poppa in a long time. When they were little, they grew up in the same schools, despite the fact that Imani moved away, poppa didn't have any friends beside her so he made it his duty to drive any distance so they could go to the same school.

He had separation anxiety. He grew up around her and they were practically siblings, she helped him with all the struggles he went through as a young black, gay male. And he helped her with her struggles as a skinny, young, black female.

"I told you I was gone come and pick you up every time yo momma can't pick you up. People that work ubers be weirdos." He scrunched his face up in disgust.

"Oh well, i'm covering for Sophie, My co-worker. She should be back in a few, she was supposed to be here like 5 minutes ago." Imani said, she was very proper even though none of her family were easy with words like her.

"Why you 'gotta be so nice? you know if it was the other way around she wouldn't do that." poppa hated how Imani always let other people get over on her. Especially white people.

"Ok but it's not the other way around." Imani rolled her eyes, clearly irritated by Poppa already.

"And why would you say you'll cover for her until she get back when all you doing is telling people y'all closed? it's not giving.."

"Who the one working? me or you?"

"Apparently neither of us."

"Ok Poppa." She gave him a tight lipped smile and tried to distract her self by cleaning off the counters but Sophie soon came in.

"Oh my gosh, i'm so sorry about that. My mom kept telling me to do things. I swear I hate her." Sophie grumbled. Poppa scrunched his face up and stared at her.

"Oh no it-" Imani started but was interrupted by Sophie. "And thanks for covering for me until I got back, I just realized I never said thanks."

"Not her silencing black voices." Poppa said under his breath and looked at Imani. He decided to not make a big deal out of the minor situation because Imani just got this job, but he knew Sophie would be a problem.