14

Zyair White
Orlando, Florida

$$$$$

Zyair sat on one of the lounge chairs in the lobby of the Jamaican restaurant.

Zyona wanted oxtails and even though Zyair didn't feel like driving he still went to buy her some.

He popped a few percs earlier today and he could barley keep his eyes open. He yawned and rubbed his eyes, trying to keep himself from dozing off.

He loved the feeling percs had on his body but every now and then they made him feel like he couldn't control his body.

Zyair turned his head to the side, getting tired of the feeling of someone staring at him.

His mug dropped when he seen a darkskin girl shyly turn away once she noticed he saw her staring.

She wasn't staring in a weird way, she just wanted to make sure he was okay.

He eyed the girl back and she nervously flipped some of her braids to the other side.

She wasn't a shy girl or anything, she was very outgoing. He just caught her staring so her ego couldn't be too high in this exact moment.

His body felt like it was starting to shut down as he kept trying to keep himself awake.

Zyair got up, deciding to talk to the girl to keep himself awake as he waited for them to finish making his sisters food.

He sat in the chair across from her and she instantly rolled her eyes and smacked her teeth.

"Before you say anything, i wasn't staring at you in a weird way, i just wanted to make sure you were okay. that's all."

Zyair immediately sat up, completely caught off guard by her strong accent. To her obviously she sounded normal but to him it sounded like broken english.

He was too high to even process where it sounded like she was from.

"Caribbean?"

The girl nodded and sighed. She hated when people brung up her accent or where she was from. She understood her accent was still strong and not many people could understand her but they didn't have to say or show it.

"Are you okay?" she asked genuinely. It took a few minutes for him to process what she said but he eventually got it.

He nodded in response, slowly blinking. He sighed, he'd been waiting for his sisters food for a long time; either time was moving slow or they was just now cutting the tail off the ox.

"Smiley." He pointed to himself not having enough energy to form a full sentence.

"Nahde"

He nodded and noticed everytime he did something she watched his every move.

"I appreciate you for watching to make sure i was okay." He closed his eyes and leaned his head on the wall next to him.

"You needa leave that dope alone."

Zyair coughed a bit, then laughed. Her accent made it even funnier.

"I'm serious and i hope you ain't drive here either."

"Jerk chicken dinna!" The jamaican lady behind the counter yelled.